Wolfhound on a Hayabusa

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC01013.jpg

SkooterG hit it right! senior discounts without carding says it all . . .
Wowwezowie. Sharp looking bike, now go plaster the front with some bugs!
+1, Gunny; a very beautiful motorcycle Robert, Congratulations!

Thanx, it's been great to move off the big red couch & back into "riding". As has been noted in other posts, just a bit more wind protection & this would be a much better bike. I have no issues riding 500 miles but going to need a better seat to get the most/more miles for me. If finances/kid/time allow I would like to do a border to border in 24 this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfy- I'd be interested when you do your trip to Vegas on how your body and arse feels after. I've ridden a busa just like that one and after some seat time I was numb n dumb!

Love the black w easy graphics btw, very sharp bike dude!

Haven't heard of a vegas trip . . . Vegas is much closer than the round trip to Lake Havasu ! I can't wait to do the upgrade on seat etc so I can stand a bit more distance.

Congrats Man ! That bike is BEAUTUFUL ! Had a copper '99 but DFW proved too confining for it...and my license by '02, but it was REAL FUN and a velvet rocket ! You can light up the back wheel at 70 in 3rd any old time in the city...make little kids giggle and point and granny thinkin' bout that next depends. You live out in the wide open and thats where the 'busa just shines. Great life extension tool there ! Keep us posted.

Bobby

Should have the FuzeBlock monday & can wire in the gps, radar, & Scottoiler. Already using the Helibars & heated jacket/gloves. Wish I knew what windshield works the best . . . Out of money until after the Holidays & then seat & saddlebags.

Should have the FuzeBlock monday & can wire in the gps, radar, & Scottoiler. Already using the Helibars & heated jacket/gloves. Wish I knew what windshield works the best . . . Out of money until after the Holidays & then seat & saddlebags.

Not on a Busa, but I've had/have Zero Gravity Sport Touring screens on both a VFR and now on a Ducati 848.

Robert,

I congratulate you. I was thinking about trading the "08 FJR in for the '13. For the cost difference, or close to it I could buy another motorcycle.

The thought of buying a Busa has been haunting me for about a year now.

Now you really have my wheels turning.

Beautiful motorcycle, enjoy the hell out of it.

Well wifey is very supportive on my multi bike virus, rule has it, I want a new bike, one of the stable has to go else, hefty arse spankin' is in order..... But comes to the Busa, the line is crossed, she hates already my GSX R750, as I'm way to fast with it.... Strange when in running 100+ on mt FeeJay she doesn't complain following me with a 100 on her car in disguise (CanAmSpyder RT), but when I go a hundred with my Gixxer hell is loose..... So one can imagine, there's just no bribe out there which would bring my wife on my side, to own one day me a Busa!.... So folks, keep sending good thoughts, maybe I can change her mind goin' over a GSX R1000 first LOL......

Had my Wife (mistake 1) hold the bike while I reached for the front stand, next thing was hearing the bike hit the garage floor on its right side & plastic breaking. Front turn signal lense broke & scratches to main fairing. Nothing lasts forever, eh ? Replaced front signal lenses with light smoke colored cheaper than one factory lense.

Had sides & rear fairing off to change oil, install electronic chain oiler & FuzeBlock. Ran 4 sets of wires to the handlebar area using one for GPS and another for Radar Detector. Have WnS wireless remote glove/ jacket liner control, EBC HH front pads, Zero Gravity smoked Touring screen,& Helibar/Genmar riser, & custom seat appointment for first of February. Out of funds for a while but hope to add lights, Autocomm ,side bags early next year.

Had my Wife (mistake 1) hold the bike while I reached for the front stand, next thing was hearing the bike hit the garage floor on its right side & plastic breaking.
That's a real shame that happens far too often. One of the reasons I went with a ZX-14 is that it has a center stand option, cost $200 and only added 3 pounds of weight. Really makes it easy to do chain maintenance and change tires.

Wifey and I with other PNW folks been at the bike show in Seattle, this bike was in the entrance...I'm still drooling

8275143645_2d0efd56de.jpg

Godspeed!!!

Robert looks like a well maintained rocket!! How does it compare to your previous FJR? FYI , Scooter and I talked about you FONDLY??
rolleyes.gif
at the recent "Bite the Weenie" RTE. Ride the Busa safely always Robert. Happy Holidays

Hey Brother Dave ! I've ridden the goldwing so much I almost forgot what a real sport motorcycle was like. This bike seems much more balanced & I sit just low enough for me to be much more stable at low speed & stopped. The lower center of gravity seems to be a big plus also.

As far as comfort it just won't compare in most conditions to the FJR. I'm waiting in line for a custom leather Rick Mayer seat hoping that it will be just the ticket for getting the daily mileage up. The FUN factor (torque/power)is so high with this bike that it keeps calling me to ride more.

Hopefully this year something will change & I will be able to get the bike where I want it & have the coin to get out much more.

April1_zps58966341.jpg

So far been doing no more than about 500 mile day rides but soon to pick up the pace. I have the bike scattered all over the garage at the moment. Should be getting a full Yoshi exhaust any day , fittings for my sampson alum 5 gal cell, Hella micro DE lights, hard bag mounts & cruise control.
Already enjoying the Zumo550/Sirius, Helibar-risers, Rick Mayer seat, heated gear, & zero gravity windshield. Hoping to get it going soon to do a T of H before the Team Lyle Stampede.

I managed to make it to the Alamo Stampede. Didn't make my goal of 1000 quite quickly. Kinda bummed, but close though.

Definetly time ! Now I feel like I will be able to step it up a bit in the future. I know where I went wrong & can improve hopefully.

I averaged 22.8 mpg for the 1K.

This can be improved greatly with a little less right hand but this was a fun run. I could not have kept that pace up for a full 24 hrs at this time.