Would you ride 250 miles round trip with a buddy for a cuban sandwitch?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I ride 250 round trip miles for a cuban with a buddy? Well, we just don't know because I wasn't invited. (sniffle, sniffle)
sadsmiley.gif
My feelings are hurt and my self-esteem has suffered terribly.

I am riding to Mobile on Wednesday to have baked chicken with griff and a few other guys from the Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the farthest RTE for me has been about 260 miles. Each way. That was bbq in GA with some forum folks. Normal RTE is anywhere between 180 and 235 miles each way. Sometimes with buds, sometimes solo.

But hell yeah! I'd go for a Cubano!

The guy with the GS is Nate, a friend from way back in my Honda Nighthawk days. He's also got a sweet ZRX with about 50,000 miles on it (90% his miles), and lately bought a big 650 Honda thumper that he's retrofitting as a dual sport.

How he got that GS is an interesting story. At the time, his wife was working at the BMW dealership. He went in to test ride that bike. During the test ride, a dog appeared right out in front of him and he crashed. He was largely unhurt (dislocated thumb and a few bruised ribs). His insurance paid for the bike damages. Nate asked the dealership to accept the insurance check as a down payment and give him the bike with a scratched fairing, rashed bar end, and a severely rashed left cylinder head cover. They accepted and he fixed the bike himself.

Whatever it takes, I suppose.....

O'yeah...I ride with some buds from Tulsa to have lunch in AR (350-500m round trip) a lot. The food is good and the twisties to get there, is icing on the cake..
smile.png
2hyykqq.jpg

I would, and have ridden longer for a hamburger. It wasn't the food that I rode for, it was the friends I was traveling to visit with. I rode 325 miles to lunch in Orcutt, CA and 350 miles back home. I had breakfast and dinner that day at home and lunch 325 miles away. I need to do that more often it was a couple years ago.Thanks for reminding me about what has been missing from my life lately.

Myrwon Redzgrider, you guys are both within striking distance of Anna's Pizza in Palm City, FL. I was a bit jaded too being born and raised in NYC. Anna's made me think differently. Try them out and let me know what you think. Oh! Try the Chicken Parmesan too. You'll thank me later. Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is not back at all but, it ain't Anna's. :)

2281 SW Martin Hwy

Palm City, FL 33990

(772) 221-0061

Closed Sunday and Monday.

Heck yes. Wife and I ride 300 for a poboy (and a view of the Gulf). And on another note,, I am forced to cancel going to Stagecoach.. After attending last year,, I have been looking forward to it,, but the new(?) job will not allow time off. If only it was a week later.

Most of my RTE runs are in the 170 to 230 mile range, round trip.

No need to go farther most of the time, but I am planning a run to Moody's Diner for pie in May. Moody's is in Waldoboro, Maine.

I'm about 1300 miles to the southeast of there, so it won't be a day trip.

Y'all need to come up to NERDS country during the summer. Our rides tend to run 200-300 miles and *always* involve food at the turn-around point. Could be lobstah rolls, buffalo burgers (with a side of food poisoning on one occasion), BBQ, Diners of all variety, niche breweries; we seem to find lots of good places to eat throughout New England. We have had rides that were simply to go up the coast of Maine and stop along the way to sample various chowders in search of the 'best ever' bowl. But, our rides usually start with a ride to breakfast and that alone can be 60-80 miles just to start the day with a good country breakfast. So, would a NERD ride 250 miles for a sandwich or pie? Heck YES! Let's fire up Basecamp, put together some great roads, great scenery and a place or few to eat along the way...

Sandwiches at Rose32 where everything is hand made:

IMG_5777a.jpg

I'm about 1300 miles to the southeast of there, so it won't be a day trip.
Thanks, Klubis ... good catch. It would be wet and salty out there.

Up until Don's passing, I had my coordinates listed as 50 north and 40 west, which are the coordinates of a magical location out in the northwest Atlantic Ocean.

When Don died, I felt like I ought be more open myself, as he was always open, and so I've filled out my profile a bit, and have included coordinates for where I actually am.

FWIW, I'm not the only one who has skated through here with bogus coordinates.

In any event, maybe saying that I was 1300 miles south east of Waldoboro was a Freudian slip. I was still thinking that I was out there in the Atlantic somewhere, if not Northeast of Waldoboro, then maybe Southeast.

I'm not going to fix it by editing. A few flaws here and there are the spice of life.
blush2.gif

ionbeam posted: <clip, clip, clip> Y'all need to come up to NERDS country during the summer.
Well, Professor, I have been considering that for a while now. Seems I can tag Atlanta (DE) and Atlanta (NY) on the way to NERD country; maybe even Atlanta (KY).

Let me see how I can work it in. I'll be watching here. Can anyone guarantee there won't be snow in August?

In August even Mt Washington probably won't have snow. August is one of the few months were the weather is likely to be benign. Hurricanes excepted ;)

No. Yes. What's a Cuban? I'm soo confused..
And that confirms it.. Naomi will be painted red. I just love that color.

Can't tell if you're serious or not about the Cuban sandwich. You've never had one? For real? Oh my. Yup, I'd ride at least that far for a good one.

And my fellow co-worker and 2008 FJR owner and I have talked about doing a one-day trip (About 420 miles each way) to Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City from here in SE Minnesota, just to shove a rack of ribs down our necks. Mmmmmmmmm.

Nice work, Pants. Glad to see there are still people out there with good taste and common sense. Ride hungry, my friends.

I have ridden farther for less, as far as the food goes. I rode 250 miles to get to dinner at wnyfjr's place, and he only lives 50 miles away.

I do not mean to imply that Laura's cooking was less. The food was fantastic. Simply making a joke about taking the long way to get to the destination.