Yamaha car

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Design a 1.6 liter 4-cylinder that's 22-inches end to end, ala BMW1600 KGT, pumping out 175 HP and 125 lbs. feet of torque. That ought to do it. Oh, then put that motor in a 2017 FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did we also see the other Yamaha story on that page....?

https://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/meet-motobot-yamahas-motorcycle-riding-robot-that-aims-1739165853

1493973784509653164.jpg

1493973784545919660.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so both are kinda cool.

Kinda

But

As Big Sky points out, the car needs a serious engine upgrade. An R1 would do for starters.

And

Apart from appealing to transformers fans, what's the point of the motobot?

I think the car is very cool, as far as what I can see of it. For me to really be interested it would have to be a convertible.

OK, so both are kinda cool.
Kinda

But

As Big Sky points out, the car needs a serious engine upgrade. An R1 would do for starters.

And

Apart from appealing to transformers fans, what's the point of the motobot?
Other then the Cool Factor - I'm thinking not much, but it is pretty freakin cool....

Yamacar looks interesting, but not inspiring with marginally better power/weight than a Miata.

As for the convertible angle, it looks like it has removable roof panels. They were called T-tops when my old man bought his mid-life crisis Firebird.