• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pay It Forward

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
After my extreme good fortune recently bouncing around off of Bambis and such with nary a scratch on my person, and most of the damage to my bike being covered by insurance, I figured I had better do something to try to replenish my good karma stash.

So here's the deal: What I am offering up here is FREE, [SIZE=12pt]FREE,[/SIZE][SIZE=18pt] FREE!![/SIZE] The ONLY catch is that you must have something to offer up for Free in kind. That's the "Pay It Forward" part. It will work out best if the item you have to Pay Forward is approximately equal in value, or slightly more. No junky crap or the PIF will die.

Here's my item to get the ball rolling:

I have and use 2 Rifle Windshields. A mid-sized Sport model and the Gigunda touring barn door. I likje them both and will probably be keeping them for as long as I own the bike (hopefully a long time). They both came with the Rifle Tuning Blocks. I only need one.

Here's what the tuning block looks like:

2605305700098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

2497533580098858932S600x600Q85.jpg

The tuning block is installed between the two windshield brackets as a spacer to tilt the windshield away from the bike at the bottom, and thereby tilt the top edge closer to the rider, and produce a shallower angle at a given position. It creates a space at the bottom which allows better airflow up the back of the windshield and minimizes the vacuum and turbulence, reducing buffetting.

It can be used with any windshield desired but only on 1st Gen bikes (03-05). I ride with the block on and the stoick windshield in the summer and stay nice and cool. With the barndoor on in the winter the spacer makes the backpressure and turbulence bearable.

Note that this tuning block is essentially unobtainium. You can't buy it without also buying a windshield from Rifle. I think it is better than using spacers (even metal ones) as the angled faces of the block put the brackets in the correct angle in relationship to each other to minimize stress on the brackets and fasteners.

So there you have it. Free to the first PM to me that has something to offer to Pay-It-Forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
First PM was from Duster19, so he gets the tuning block.

He should be along shortly with info about the XL Fulmer Helmet he has to offer to the next PIF.

Some quick clarification on how this works: When you want whatever is being offered, and you offer up a new PIF item, it gets posted in this thread and becomes available to the general forum, not to the previous PIF person (me in this case). That would just be a trade.

You should check to be sure it is an acceptable item though, as Duster did.

Crap, I wanted that sucker too. I didn't even think to offer up some older gear. Hell, I've got an older HJC that only has about 4 years worth of stink in it.

Oh yeah. I got more free shit stuff to give away, too.

Just gonna wait till this gets rolling...

Remember, the better the stuff is that you give away the more good karma you get!! :lol:

do live animals count...I got this Walker Treeing Coon Hound Dawg that's a bit, ah, spirited and kinda strong willed...

he's in the foreground...a very bad influence on Jenni Lynn also in the picture

3830912956_48c7307420.jpg

Sure Mike,

You can give away your dawgs if you want. But I'm thinking the karma thing won't increment when you do.

Cause I hear Gawd loves Dawgs more than Peoples. Who could blame him her? :rolleyes:

Okay, as Fred mentioned I have a one season (actually about 3/4 a season, so NO stink :) ..) old XL Fulmer Modus helmet. I upgraded to a HJC because of the built in sun shield and the fact I could get a more custom fit with cheek pads that fit me better then the Fulmer.

fulmer.jpg

fulmer2.jpg

So, PM me if you have a PIF item.

Thanks,

Dave

In the spirit of this thread................. (and because this forum continually helps me)

Thursday when i get paid i will have saved up enough to get the two bros exhaust. If anyone wants my stock exhaust they can have it. Just pay the shipping. I live in a one bedroom apt, not really a lot of space in my laundry room to store it anyways, might as well go somewhere and get used.

Cans are basically like new. Maybe some small scratches from being polished, mid pipes a little brown but still all very shiny and nice. They only have about 11k on them.

If we have any regulars here who have suffered low speed tipovers or are just sporting really beat looking stock cans they go to the front of the line, im just that kind of guy, id rather see someone get them that needs them and would appreciate them. (what can i say, ive rode some rolling trashpiles in my life)

If i order the two bros thurs, i have no clue how long it will take them to get here, so youll have to wait till i get them obviously.

edit.... oh and i can take pics if you want, but i think we all know what stock cans look like. :)

Cool! And most generous, D Dog.

Big K points coming your way, no doubt.

And that Fulmer helmet looks pretty good to me (if I only had an XL melon) :eek:

I have a smart tire tire pressure monitor read out thingmajig (not the tire sensor parts, the dash read out) which I will send to the first person who asks for it nicely. :D

I'm interested in the pipes. Need to rummage through the spare gear/parts boxes for suitable PIF material. Great idea. My right pipe got scratched and slightly dinged in a tip over last year and my left pipe is moderately dinged in several places from her desire for a mud bath this year. Click the crash icon below if you need ugly evidence. I'll look through the garage...

Just a reminder, karma cannot be bought. It is only apportioned out by the universe.

But hey, if it makes you feel better.... :)

Just a reminder, karma cannot be bought. It is only apportioned out by the universe.
But hey, if it makes you feel better.... :)

Of course. Nobody is buying anything here, karma or anything else!

That doesn't mean good karma isn't available...

So what are you giving away, Bungie, besides a hard time? :glare: :unsure:

( :lol: - obligatory smilie to ensure you know I'm joking)

In the spirit of this thread................. (and because this forum continually helps me)
Thursday when i get paid i will have saved up enough to get the two bros exhaust. If anyone wants my stock exhaust they can have it. Just pay the shipping. I live in a one bedroom apt, not really a lot of space in my laundry room to store it anyways, might as well go somewhere and get used.

Cans are basically like new. Maybe some small scratches from being polished, mid pipes a little brown but still all very shiny and nice. They only have about 11k on them.

If we have any regulars here who have suffered low speed tipovers or are just sporting really beat looking stock cans they go to the front of the line, im just that kind of guy, id rather see someone get them that needs them and would appreciate them. (what can i say, ive rode some rolling trashpiles in my life)

If i order the two bros thurs, i have no clue how long it will take them to get here, so youll have to wait till i get them obviously.

edit.... oh and i can take pics if you want, but i think we all know what stock cans look like. :)
I'm In on the pipes (once you get yours) and thank you (my bike was pushed over in a parking lot) I can offer up a stock wind shield & a tank bag (I think - have to find the bag -) to this deal. NOTE: this is a nice idea!

I'm In on the pipes (once you get yours) and thank you (my bike was pushed over in a parking lot) I can offer up a stock wind shield & a tank bag (I think - have to find the bag -) to this deal. NOTE: this is a nice idea!
sorry man someone has already spoken for them. Apologies for me taking to long to post back, im at work.

I'm interested in the pipes. Need to rummage through the spare gear/parts boxes for suitable PIF material. Great idea. My right pipe got scratched and slightly dinged in a tip over last year and my left pipe is moderately dinged in several places from her desire for a mud bath this year. Click the crash icon below if you need ugly evidence. I'll look through the garage...

They are yours.

I will pm you shortly, again, sorry it took me so long to respond, i work odd shifts at the jail.