PDM60

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guess I'll be the first to try it. Ordered it and it is on the way. Will try and take pictures of the installation on my 2013 FJR1300 when I begin.

I think its about time these things offer a 5 volt output option!

Most of the stuff I string wires for now is 5v and I'm sure there will be more to come ;)

I'm going to order one to install on my '03 as I redo my currently very messy wiring job. Primarily I'm looking to improve access (use a Fuzeblock -- which I really like -- under the pillion at the moment) as when I am running with my aux fuel cell I have no access to the fuses.

I plan to mount the PDM60 up on/under/by the shelf, which will also shorten my wire runs back, eliminating the back and forth between the battery/tail/dash that I initially created. I like the idea of no fuses, of the instant visual if an issue arises, and being weatherproof allowing an external install. Now to see how it all works in the real world...

I finally got my PDM60 installed at the beginning of February and its been working great. I made a small bracket to suspend it below my dash shelf on the right side, similar to the one that suspends the Orange TPMS on the left. The wires are encased in black plastic, so though they are exposed, they disappear under there. Nearly 4000 miles since then (1100 in the rain from Dallas to SC) has proven the device more than serviceable.

PDM60+Install.jpg

I eliminated the wiring run from the battery to the tail that used to go to my FZ-1 and all of the wiring runs between the FZ-1 and the cowling where 90% of the farkles needing power are located. I initially thought that the row of green lights would be distracting, especially at night, but that has not been the case.

One of the best improvements is that the 3-minute delay plus the built in 30 seconds on the Zumo 665 is almost always enough time to keep the GPS counting stopped time at gas stops without me having to remember to tell it to stay on. I used to switch the fuse in the FZ-1 to "unswitched" when in ride/rally mode and then back again for daily driving, but so far have not missed being able to do that.

I cant say enough good about the FZ-1, actually, but the weatherproof-ness (exterior visual install) and the elimination of fuses was enough of a reason for me to change. BTW, the FZ-1 went to a forum member so will continue managing power for a FJR...

BruceWA - I have a PDM60 sitting in the garage waiting to be installed once the Clearwater Erica lights are shipped. Can't figure out if I want to mount it up front in the fairing or back under the seat. Looking forward to pictures of your install.

BruceWA - Just pulled up your pictures and right away noticed your Touratech mount - very nice piece there!

P1050489.JPG

I have the Touratech locking mount like yours with the Touratech bracket.

01-613-0120-01-lg.jpg

Ah - I like yours better
rolleyes.gif

One of the issues I have with the Touratech mount is I can't center the GPS between the bars because there is not enough clearance for the mount key. It doesn't look like you have that problem with yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
David, I used a Gadget Guy bracket, most because I had all the pieces from my BMW K1200GT and saved some money. It clears the key easily. Looking to add a tank bag soon.

Have full view of all my dash displays, had a bags connection bag for my beemer, will be ordering another one for the FJR.