PDM60

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An update on the PDM60. They have finally released the software to allow programming. The software is available from thier website.

PDM60_zpsaae69bc0.png

You can independently adjust for each of the six circuits:

1.) Amperage (1 to 15 Amps)

2.) Switching mode (ignition or ground)

3.) Shutoff Delay

4.) Startup Delay

I have been running a PDM60 under my dash shelf for a couple thousand miles. Also spoke to RocketMoto and Rowe Electronics about a Group Buy which they are willing to do.

With the delayed shutoff (I've been running the maximum of 10 minutes), when you restart at a gas station, the unit resets (that's how you would fix a fault as in changing a fuse-reset it). Trying to figure out how to NOT have the power blipped on those circuits at start up.

All in all a really sweet product, very compact and very robust. (100's sold on another adventure forum where waterproof is a must).

Can't wait to play with the programmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
An update on the PDM60. They have finally released the software to allow programming. The software is available from their website.
First, thanks for the heads up about the update!

Second, I think its important to give a shout out to vendors who are responsive to their customers. I have spoken this morning to both Blake and Rowe Electronics (manufacturer) and Adam at Rocket Moto (retailer) about the new functionality. Both were extremely helpful!

The new programmability is VERY cool. Each circuit can be customized as you can see in the above app screenshot. The Shutoff Delay Time can be set up to 10 minutes (vs. the stock 3) and one of the circuits can be set to 20A to accommodate a Stebel horn, for instance, eliminating the need to tie two circuits together to do this as was necessary in the past.

I did find that the unit I have will need a firmware update to be setup to program. Adam is willing to do the update for the cost of return shipping. It also sounds like he will also have cables available sometime next week.

For anyone looking for a power distribution option, I cannot recommend this device highly enough. As you can see in the pic of my install (post #10 above), the option to mount the device externally greatly increases the options as to where it can be installed, and the new functionality makes it highly customizable, particularly for LD rider needs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the PDM60! Found my perfect spot for it on my '05

PDM60-Front_zpse78e810e.jpg

Wired the 6 Positive leads to a 6 position Deutsche DT.

PDM60-Back_zps84b2e518.jpg

The plan it to easily add accessories to the male connector one at a time. Pin 1 - circuit 1, etc.

One question that comes to mind is, what happened to the ground bus that analog power distribution systems like the eastern beaver or the fz1 used to have? Where all your grounds go now? Wherever it is that you can? It was nice to have all your wiring nicely organized. Am I missing something here?

The PDM60 comes with a short ground cable that you run to battery NEG. You can see it in my second pic next to the Deutsche connector. Loop with nut & bolt and a flexible boot to "protect" the connectors. The provided cable could have been longer, but it's so easy to fashion your own.

I didn't like the options I saw for grounding bar/bus/block/strip, so this works for me.