Help for a friend coming to Vancouver, BC to New York

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2osx

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals. I have a friend from Poland that is riding around the US and Canada on a Triumph Bonneville right now is halfway through her trip. She is leaving my house in Portland, OR. tomorrow and heading to Seattle and on Tuesday she is heading to Vancouver, BC where she will depart on probably Thursday. I was wandering if there was one of my friends up there that would let her "Couch Surf". She is extremely respectful and polite and will not take much room. I just want to be sure that she stays safe. If anyone can help out, let me know and I will put you guys in contact.

Here is her journey on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/RidingAcrossAmerica

Here is her rough route she is doing.

mapa_raa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Route line is somewhat vague... But looks like she is coming near me in Bullhead City AZ (90 miles south of Vegas). My couch is open.
smile.png
Keep in mind, I live 2 feet from HELL, With temps 110-120.

Edited the title to show "Nationwide Trip"

I see.

I thought this was just starting from Portland OR, To NY then down my way, Then back north. It looked like a loop.

Edited title again. lol

I wish her a safe and scenic journey!

Thanks for the Facebook link. I am now following her adventure!

Perfect. She is a great girl. Amy and I are sad to see her go. She did a similar trip around Europe as well. Her grandmother that is in her 90s still owns a motorcycle shop in Poland. How cool is that? lol

I'm in Kingston Ontario 2 hours east of Toronto and your friend looks to be passing by the area. We have many sites to see here and a few World Heritage Sites to boot. Send me a PM if ya think a spare room might be useful! Looks like a great trip!

Thank you Red', I will let her know. She has places here and there planned pretty good, I am just trying to help her fill the gaps. My FJR friends have always gone above and beyond and have helped me out so very much over the years. Thank you everyone that even takes time to look at this posting and even contemplates the option.

I have said it many times and will continue to say it- If anyone is coming through the Portland, OR area, I always have a spare room or couch or both for that matter. It's not a very big place, but it is available for those that utilize it.

Carl

I wish I could, unfortunately I will not be home.

But what she doing is terrific!

I hope to do what she is currently doing in my life time :)

Same here. Like she says, "someday" or "later" is not on the calendar.

I believe she has a place set up Seattle area. If not, I will everyone know.

I was telling her all about your trip too. She thought it was pretty cool especially for such a young gentleman like yourself! She decided to do her trip in about 80 days for a little more sight seeing. I am still envious about your trip. I wish I could have been your sidekick on the way. lol

I may have found this a day too late but I can help out with some local knowledge and a place to stay.

Let me know.

Cheers