• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wheel balancers for sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have made several new balancers after a recently resurrected post I started 4 years ago generated some interest in my wheel balancer design.

(More pics:)https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/130534-new-wheel-balancer-evaluation/

This is a precision tool with hardened and ground shaft and double shielded bearings. The shaft is 16" long which allows plenty of room for the rear wheel. (even for darksiders!)

The collar clamps tighten very securely onto the shaft without marring the surface. Allen wrench is included.

I've used mine for many tire changes now and it works very well and is easy to set up. Also have used it on some other bikes (R1200RT and C14) so I guess it is pretty universal. (my buddy with the RT did have to provide an adapter for the rear wheel)

Price for you forumites is $80 plus shipping.

I ship it in a 2" x 18" cardboard tube that makes a handy storage container as well. Picture below shows what is included. Wooden V blocks may vary depending on what hardwood I find in my shop.

PM me for additional info, etc.

Thanks,

Russ

IMG_0093_zps7db1c337.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea to spring load the one side. Should make it easier to tension up so that the precision bearings, not wheel bearings, are in play for thus ensuring a better balance.

Also, on my balancer, and I believe on the Marc Parnes as well, the set screws in the two cones that secure them to the shaft do tend to mar the steel shaft over time and multiple uses, especially if you get a bit over-zealous with the allen wrench.

With the clamp collars that FJReady uses, that will never happen.

Genius! :thumbsup:

Rec'd mine yesterday, looks exactly like the picture, well made with close tolerances. Very nice.

Thanks FJReady!

John

Where were you two months ago when I bought a Marc Parnes? Based on the pic alone it looks like you have a superior design.

Here's hoping you sell a shitload of them.

Mark

PM and paypal sent. Better design than Marc Parnes and cheaper to boot!

Thanks again!

Ok folks, got one more left from this 'run'. Not too early to be thinkining of stocking syuffers, ya know.

Probably will make another batch next spring if there is enough interest. We'll see what 2015 brings...

PM if interested.

PM sent,
Thanks,

Shane
Shane, youze 'n me be too slow writing. Russ just wrote and told me that the last one is spoken for and will soon be moving to a new home where it will be used and loved.

Latest posts