Ride "Pueblo Magico" Real de Catorce Central Mexico

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
RIDE TO REAL DE CATORCE, MEXICO

April 17-26, 2009 Dual Sport Expedition in Zacatecas

AZ Beemers and Arizona FJR Forum are riding to “Pueblo Magico” Real de Catorce. We will be departing Mesa, Arizona on Friday evening April 17.

https://www.motodiscovery.com/tours/mexico/rtrx.html Pancho Villa Tours.

Brian Boles has a Dodge V-10 crew cab dually pickup that can seat four adults and a trailer that can hold four dual sport bikes. Don Stanley has a Jeep Liberty Diesel that can seat two adults and a trailer that holds two dual sport bikes. This means the road trip is now open to six riders and six bikes.

The price of the Moto Discovery Expedition is $2,149 US per person double occupancy. This includes all meals, lodgings, support van and assistance. If you need to rent a dual sport, M-D has Suzuki DR 650’s available for $789. If you’re renting a bike, let Brian and Don know; we can actually hold more passengers in the Dodge & Jeep; trailer space is just limited to 6 bikes only.

Mexico ride departs from McAllen, Texas and driving time is twenty hours.

We will share driving time, fuel costs and motel rooms, to and from Texas.

If you need any more information contact Don S. at: [email protected] or call Don Stanley at 480-917-3863 / 602-722-0427. Fantastic MEX Ride!

https://vivarealdecatorce.com/ and https://www.realdecatorce.net/homeng.htm

I have already received an inquiry from a forum member regarding his KTM EXC. Your bike must have a valid license plate to ride it both in Mexico and Texas. If your bike is street legal, you are good to go this trip. If your bike is not street able, I am friends of Skip and Nancy Mascorro, the owners of PVMT Moto Discovery; we can put it the support truck while traveling over paved roads. You can ride with the driver and unload where the dirt starts. Brian Boles will be riding his BMW R100GS.

I'll be riding my Kawasaki KLR650, unless I get my hands on a F800GS before 2009. Trip is PERFECT for Suzuki V-Strom's!!!

Hi Don,

Back from a fascinating trip to Egypt.

Just a quick note to indicate that for the Road to Real we will have a cut off of 12 people. For our road tours we have a cut off of 18 people which rarely reaches that level. Not certain if I addressed that detail in your previous writings.

Thanks for all your support. Hope to see you soon!

Saludos,

Skip Mascorro

MOTODISCOVERY

www.motodiscovery.com

22200 Highway 46 West

Spring Branch, Texas 78070 USA

Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564

Phone (830) 438 -7744 FAX (830) 438-7745

[email protected]

OFFICE GPS: N 29° 79.774', W 098° 45.284'

https://www.banjercito.com.mx/site/imagenes...cionesIITV.html Four people have already signed up for this trip to ride the mountains south of Monterrey, Mexico next April. We still have space for eight more riders on this dual sport expedition. Link above explains the on line process for obtaining your Mexico Vehicle Import Permit; a definite requirement.

Please remember: If you are financing your dual sport, you will need a notarized Letter of Release from your lender/bank granting you permission to take your bike into Mexico. Very easily obtainable, your lender just wants to see your insurance.

Again, any of these bikes would do well on the trip: KLR's, either of the V-Strom's, Aprilia Pegaso or its twin a BMW F650GS & KTM 990. KTM LC4, Suzuki DR 650 or Honda XR 650's would be perfect. A Kawasaki Versys would also be able to make the road into Real de Catorce; I'd recommend a skid plate, guards and removing the center stand. If your bike has hard luggage like a BMW RGS or Buell Ulysses; you can take your hard bags off for the rough spots and put them in the truck!

Hola Senor Ignacio, Saludos y Recuerdos: Congratulations on your 2002 Honda XR650R, one of the nicest machines available for Mexico when you add that 4.3 gallon Clarke tank. Please consider yourself invited to this Ride to Real next April. Good News: If you considered doing this, I would hold off on selling my Kawasaki KLR 650 and let SkooterG ride alongside of you. Bad News: You'd have to room with SkooterG! Suerte, Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" BMW F800GS.

RE: The Road to Reàl Expedition

Itinerary Adjustment

NEW DATE: April 18 - 25, 2009

Tour Link https://www.motodiscovery.com/tours/mexico/rtrx.html

Hello Amigos,

In November we completed our first Road to Reàl Expedition and we are thrilled with the potential of this event. It was a complete success and we feel that this region of Mexico is on its way to becoming a treasure of fun riding and cultural explorations.

The universal comment among both the participants and our staff is that this tour begs for one more night in Reàl de Catorce. I feel it is important to respond to that request in order to tune the expedition, give it balance and to enhance safety. For this reason we will be adding one more night making this a 7 night/ 8 day tour. Price will be adjusted with a $200 increase to accommodate the extra day and night. If you are renting a motorcycle we will maintain the old rate for your tour.

We hope you appreciate our need to make these adjustments. MotoDiscovery has a reputation of responding to the suggestions of our riders and staff and I’m certain that this itinerary change will result in a more rewarding touring experience for all.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great Christmas season and we look forward to riding with you in 2009!

Saludos,

Skip Mascorro

MOTODISCOVERY

www.motodiscovery.com

22200 Highway 46 West

Spring Branch, Texas 78070 USA

Toll Free USA & Canada 1(800) 233-0564

Phone (830) 438 -7744 FAX (830) 438-7745

[email protected]

OFFICE GPS: N 29° 79.774', W 098° 45.284'

Ten weeks from tonight after work around 7PM four Arizonan's are getting into BB's big Dodge and are team driving to McAllen, Texas. Two BMW F650GS Twins, BMW R100GS and a Kawasaki KLR 650 will be loaded into a trailer behind the pickup. The D/S Tour to Real de Catorce, Mexico starts Saturday, April 18 at 7AM.

There's still room for two more people with bikes; and two more people that will rent bikes from Moto-Discovery.

If you're interested: Respond here and BeemerDonS will put his Jeep Liberty and a 2-bike trailer into service!

This trip was sold out 45 days ago, but one of our members canceled and there is now an opening for one other D/S Rider.

RJ, an Electrical Contractor here in Phoenix, is having difficulties at his business and had to cancel his reservation for RDC.

If you are interested in filling his position, please contact me at [email protected] or 480-917-3863 as soon as possible.

Contact Skip and Nancy Mascorro 1-800-233-0564 or [email protected] or www.motodiscovery.com to pay for trip.

This trip has been lengthened by one more night's stay in Real de Catorce, so we are now leaving East Mesa, Arizona 4/16.

We will be leaving Brian Boles' Casa at Brown and McKellips Road, Mesa at 6PM Thursday night. driving straight through to McAllen, Texas. We meet Moto Discovery Riders at 5PM on Saturday 1/18. Crossing into Reynosa, Mexico on 4/19 at 9AM.

Hmmm! It's 5AM and I can't sleep. I wonder why? Oh wait, I remember: In a few hours time my friends and I are heading off to Texas to ride our GS's in Mexico for over a week. Enjoy work, you poor so sad sorry working stiffs!

Mi Salma Hayek GS is all loaded up in the garage, the map of the road from Reynosa to Monterrey laid out in the tank bag window screen, she is looking muy bonita with her Vario bags packed for twelve days time. Eat shit and die, SkooterG!!!

"WORK - THE TRUE CURSE OF THE MOTORCYCLING CLASS" from Karl Marx, or maybe it was Groucho Marx! Ah, Mexico!

Latest posts