2009 Dam Tour registration is open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDRydr

A Homeless Nomad
Reaction score
Just FYI, the Dam Tour 2009 is now open for registration. I have no affiliation to this deal, I just had a blast doing it last year. Any excuse to visit new places, don't ya know! It's easy: register, ride to 16 predetermined dams in the great Pacific Northwet area and 4 more outside the area, take pictures, brag about how many you've made it to, get all 20 and get a VERY nice glass award.

INFO

SIGNUP

Just FYI, the Dam Tour 2009 is now open for registration. I have no affiliation to this deal, I just had a blast doing it last year. Any excuse to visit new places, don't ya know! It's easy: register, ride to 16 predetermined dams in the great Pacific Northwet area and 4 more outside the area, take pictures, brag about how many you've made it to, get all 20 and get a VERY nice glass award.
INFO

SIGNUP

My Dam is on here, too funny...just gotta plan 15 more...Cool beans!

FYI, the dams showing on the website (as of this morning) are LAST YEARS dams, not the 2009 dams. I understand she's working through the weekend to get the website finished to show the 2009 sites.

We had a bit of a problem finding your John Hart dam last year. Wasn't even close to the GPS coordinates shown on the damtour website. All in good fun though, we did have a nice ride up there. In fact we used it a starting point for a 5,000+ mile ride that took us to NAFO.

FYI, the dams showing on the website (as of this morning) are LAST YEARS dams, not the 2009 dams. I understand she's working through the weekend to get the website finished to show the 2009 sites.

We had a bit of a problem finding your John Hart dam last year. Wasn't even close to the GPS coordinates shown on the damtour website. All in good fun though, we did have a nice ride up there. In fact we used it a starting point for a 5,000+ mile ride that took us to NAFO.
Well, hopefully you took advantage of riding DH4, which John Hart Dam is at the very beginning of? DH8 is not far from here either ;)

Strathcona Dam is just a lil bit west of John Hart and has excellent viewpoints and a camping area attached. Not the most FJR friendly side road to the dam site, but it's not far and certainly doable.

JHD would almost have been the start to my 3 week ride to NAFO and back, but my dad's health took a turn and I had to cancel. Would have a been a great ride. Another time for me :)

If you ever make it up this way again, my place is tool/oil change friendly, and I can steer you away from all the really baaaad bars/restaurants etc...*LOL*

b

Such a cool idea. I always sign up to put a little more cash in the pot. Will have to do it one of these years. Guess they have a great bash at the end on the season also.
This would be a fun four day weekend. We should talk this when we get together at Bryan's for Tech day.

A couple of more reminders about the Dam Tour.

Be sure to sign up for the Riders Talk forum. This is a great spot to find tips about the dams, like better GPS coordinates. A couple of the dams last year were a bit tricky to find (one not even accessible), but the tips section showed how to find them, or alternate places to take your picture. On another dam the GPS wanted to send you to a spot (down a dirt road) where you couldn't see the dam. Our very own BKRCHK can tell you about that one.

Make it easier on DT Rider (the site admin) when you send her your pictures by following the instructions on naming photos. Instructions on photo-naming can be found HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up a few days ago. As of just now, the site still shows the 2008 dam list, but it should be updated in a day or two.