Best Synthetic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mogan

Reaction score
I've got 12k on the bike and am ready to switch to synthetic. Any consensus on which is the BEST?

Where's that Embarassingly Pointless Threads when you want to move a thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

Guilty as charged.

So, it doesn't matter what type of synthetic I use?
It's your use of very subjective terms when combined with oil. "doesn't matter" and "best" are toughies and makes people skittish to respond. You're looking for a binary answer with vague requirements.

If you don't want to bother to search and read on Jestal's threads then try asking the question, "I can't remember the brand of synthetic oils discussed. What are some of them that are that API certified thing and OK to put in a motorcycle?"

Guilty as charged.

So, it doesn't matter what type of synthetic I use?
It's your use of very subjective terms when combined with oil. "doesn't matter" and "best" are toughies and makes people skittish to respond. You're looking for a binary answer with vague requirements.

If you don't want to bother to search and read on Jestal's threads then try asking the question, "I can't remember the brand of synthetic oils discussed. What are some of them that are that API certified thing and OK to put in a motorcycle?"
Oy. I did search and read. But I'm an idiot. What are the best/btter brands? I use Mobil One in my cars...

Multiple choice then:

a) You should just take it to the dealer and have them change the oil for you. You should avoid this decision.

b ) Too lazy too search a treasure trove of information on the subject? Then I don't feel very compelled to answer.

c) Mobil 1 is the best oil in the world. Make sure you get somethinn like Mobile "Red Cap" and not to use your car oil. Don't let anybody tell you it's not the best, because it just is. I said so.

....I'm having trouble with this kinder and gentler thing folks.

Some oils are not made to use in motorcycles and can cause clutch problems..Too many smartasses here to get good info without having to really search for it....

First of all you wiated to long to change over. The engine damage that already has occured is beyond repair. Good luck next time around.

Well, I had 3k before beginning an 8k adventure of a lifetime. 5 weeks of pure heaven. Just got back. Need to do some basic maintenance.

Some oils are not made to use in motorcycles and can cause clutch problems..Too many smartasses here to get good info without having to really search for it....
Do we have too many smartasses here? Or too many dumbasses? (Not directed towards you, Mogan)

Hard to give good info without a good question. Impossible to answer the question "any consensus of which is the BEST..." with good information when it deals with something as subjective and personal as oil in which there is NEVER any consensus.

So why didn't you answer his question?

Perhaps because there are too many peeps posting passive-aggressive cheap shots instead of staying on topic?

Perhaps thats because both smartasses and brilliant petrochemical engineers and all those in between have discussed this subject to the point where a home just for it was created, known as NEPRT to those of us who have more than 28 posts here and don't really appreciate noob attitude right outta the chute. You riskin a ass whuppin boah, and from smart asses way more talented than you and I put together.

Oh, and on topic, favorites here are M1 15W50, Rotella 5W-40 Synthetic, and
sex-food11-799356.jpg

Try some on your fav ass, [SIZE=36pt]BOB[/SIZE]

I get it now, if you haven't posted here enough you're view is not accepted ? Why do you think He posted in this topic ? I did answer that He needs to be aware of the type of oil He chooses. another new to you noob mistake ? And the smart ass answers being "look for yourself" basicallly 'cause others are too cool or been here too long to offer real help? I get it...NOT

Gotta love the keyboard commandos...I guess I didn't mean smart asses maybe dumbass would have described the attitude being shown towards an honest question...my mistake again, now you know why I only have a few posts here..not worth the attitude you get for a little help...