Wet Crotch Photos!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
I HATE commuting in the rain in the dark! Hate it. :angry:

Tonight I got caught coming home in a freakin' typhoon! Wind, rain, dark, high metal density of cars all around.... I earned my wind and rain merit badges. Worst commute leg of the winter so far.

Anyone who might think I'm a crazy SOB :rolleyes: : I was passed by, let's see now.... four motorcyclists (we're talkin' up between the lanes, BTW). I figure either I've got too much imagination about how quickly a cager can change lanes, or they've got too little. Anyway, God bless 'em. It's rain and cold that separates the Men/Women from the Boys/Girls.

Now...

it's bad enough that you can't see from the rain on your visor,

and that the inside of your visor starts to fog up,

and you're riding in 1st and 2nd gears for 15 miles on the freeway among a blinding sea of bumper-to-bumper headlights and brake lights,

and you're feeling a wee bit tense because you know all those drivers are distracted and wouldn't see you even if their windows weren't all fogged up...

But on top of it, even though your Widder 'lectric vest is pumping out the heat making your chest and vital organs feel like they're in front of the fireplace, and even though your Alpinestar boots have got your feet all dry and toasty, and even though your Alpinestar gloves are keeping your hands dry and warm (for most of the ride home), and even though you know you've got enough reflective shit on your bike and gear to see from outer space...

Even though all that great stuff is happening, you suddenly feel that cool, damp tingle right around the ol' [not that old! :glare: ] crotch. And then you think, "F**k! The 'Stitch has let me down again!"

Of course it takes a big freakin' rain storm before the walls of the castle are breeched, but nevertheless, c'mon Rider Wearhouse, what gives????? :angry2:

The Full Monty (ATGATT):

2233497493_54207d353b_b.jpg

Achilles Heel Crotch:

2233536683_b244375513.jpg

Now THAT'S a Wet Crotch! :clapping:

2234286652_2da6d7ae63.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess 'stich doesn't want you to advertise for them :p

Hans I guess you just were not splitting fast enough.............

see what happens when you people pass you.

R

and you're feeling a wee bit tense because you know all those drivers are distracted and wouldn't see you even if their windows weren't all fogged up...

[/indent]
JB,

Your writing is such that there's usually no call for pictures. This time, it seems you way undersold how scared you were:

2234286652_2da6d7ae63.jpg

Heh, heh, heh. You said wee.

JB peed his pants!

JB peed his pants!

Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nah

:lol:

Seriously, when mine starts to leak or as the rainy season (what we used to call winter here) approaches I throw the Stitch in the washer with that dryer activated waterproofing stuff that Rider Warehouse sells. The Stitch is probably 4? years old now and not long ago took a 6 hour soaking without the dreaded cold wet crotch syndrome.

Bob

Must be a one-piece suit thang. My Roadcrafter jacket/Darien pants combo hasn't let me down "yet".

I'm not saying this is the case here, but after getting a wet crotch with my one piece Stich I made extra damn sure the flaps under the zippers were laying the right way the next time I was out and noticed rain clouds rolling in. It made a total difference for me. I was still a little damp, but I couldn't ask for much better, considering it was raining hard enough that there was 6" of standing water on some of the roads I was on.