ABS Light Blinking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-Kevin

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed my ABS light blinking so I pulled-over and turned-off the engine. I checked all the lines I could see and saw no leaks. So I started her up and drove home. At first the light was off but after a few miles it was blinking again. I read in the manual to have it checked-out at the dealer.

Has this happened to anyone else and what should I do for a possibly fix? Thanks in advance for the assistance FJR Riders. ;)

Hey FJR K., from the factory manual: " if the abs warning light flashes while riding, there is no problem with the function of the abs. however, the ECU (abs) input has unstable factors". To whit: the brake switch is defective or improperly adjusted; the rear wheel is racing; the motorcycle is continuously ridden on extremely uneven roads.Hope this helps... :assasin:

Thank you SHUSWAPER. When I got home I checked the rear brake switch and noticed the brake light on even after I released the pedal. So I adjusted the rear brake light switch and sprayed WD-40 into the brake pedal pivot to loosen-up the brake pedal action. I haven't checked the results yet but I will today. Again, thank you for your input. :coolio:

The fix in my previous post did the trick...it's fixed. No more blinking. If this happens to anybody else you now know how to fix it now. :)

Last edited by a moderator: