Helmet Guardian Brackets?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAJW

Reaction score
This forum (previous to being hacked) had a member who was making a bracket to mount the Helmet Guardian locks on each side of the FJR. It attached to the bolt that mounts the rear sub-frame, just above the foot pegs. It looked like a good idea and I had planned to make a few for myself, but have since moved and have no access to my workbench and needed metal working tools. Anyone have a lead on these brackets?

Thanks,

John in Merced

I'm still making the brackets that are used with the Helmet Gardian locks. They do NOT fit the 2006 model due to changes in the body work. As stated in an earlier thread, they bolt up to the rear sub frame bolt without modifications. For further info and pictures please e-mail me direct @ [email protected] , Thanks, Scott

2-10-15, I just found this old thread and wanted to update.

I do now have helmet lock brackets

for ALL year FJR's.. The gen II and Gen III are very different from the original Gen I's..

Last edited by a moderator:
Any opinion to offer, mounting convenience (i.e. addl hardware to purchase and if so what?) ease of use, any mods you'd make if doing over?
I loosened my rear frame extension bolt, then snugged it up and rode down to the local hardware emporium, where I removed the bolt, took it in and got two a bit longer (1/4" IIRC). That alleviated my concern about adequate thread exposure when adding the brackets. Other than that, it's a great addition!

This is the best I could come up with, though I had to make it myself.

I looked at the sides and just didn't see a good place to put them. Anyone got a photo of where Townsends lock brackets locates them on the sides of the bike?

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts