Cortech Sport Tail Bag and Givi V46 Monokey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickster

Reaction score
I started with OHFJR Tail Rack (original size), and wanted options for daily commute versus overnight etc.

My solution was to mount nylon straps to both the seat and the OHFJR Tail Rack -- allows a Cortech Tail bag to be placed either on the tail rack or on the passenger seat:

On the Seat:

IMG_0234.jpg

The Seat straps are bolted to the seat bracket under the passenger seat.

IMG_0251.jpg

For mounting to the OHFJR Rack, just add 4 more buckles to the OHFJR Tail rack, and clip the Cortech to the rack:

(If you're not using the Cortech on the passenger seat, the straps can be left under the passenger seat, or I made a connector strap that merely holds the buckles together (shown below across the passenger seat))

IMG_0232.jpg

I used binding posts to put the nylon straps together -- you can get them at Tandy Leather, or Home Depot/Lowes (Tandy carries nickle over solid brass ones) of course - loctited.

IMG_0245.jpg

Moved to the Seat, and Givi on the rack:

IMG_0238.jpg

I have enjoyed the flexibility of having either the soft bag, or the Givi, and being able to put the Cortech in eithe position.

BTW - Configured like this -- it's seconds to move the Cortech bag from either location, or to remove it.

EDIT: As far as the buckles.... Either order more lobster brand buckles, or replace them all.

I opted to replace them all, Wal-Mart 1" nylon straps with buckles are inexpensive and IIRC rated for 50 lbs per buckle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely ingenious. Doh, why didn't I think of that. Have spanky new Cortech tail bag - guess I'm headed to find some buckels, straps and binders. Thank you Rick. :yahoo:

Very nice!

Ive got an eyeball on the givi V46. You wouldnt want to post a few more pics of your ride with the givi in place would ya? Ill buy ya a brew! :drinks:

Brilliant idea! I just looked at the Cortech and decided that it wasn't a good fit for my new FJR but now I will reconsider. Thanks for sharing the PICs.

LZ

I started with OHFJR Tail Rack (original size), and wanted options for daily commute versus overnight etc.

The tail racks shown in the first post of this thread are of the Large Sport Touring rack. We also offer two smaller racks that now fit all years of the FJR. All three racks will accept the Givi V46 & E52 topboxes and have bungee or strap slots. To find out more please visit our website! Premier Cycle Accessories

I stubbled across a Suzuki Burgman with a V46 case at the local Yamaha dealer today. I just ordered a case, rack and brake lite kit from Twisted Throttle. So many farkles, so little time...... :D