'06 FJR on dealer floor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoot

Reaction score
I thought I'd post this here because it would probably get the most response here. There's an '06 FJR(non AE) sitting on the showroom floor at Southside Honda in Dayton, OH with a price tag on it for $13,500. It's been sitting there for several months and I've gone over there and sat on several times, hoping they'd drop that price eventually. But, these guys are not known for dropping their prices. I'm thinking they're not gonna get rid of that bike. They've also been known to have "new" bikes that are 2 or 3 years old with zero miles on them. I should probably look elsewhere eh?

Probably - if you want an 06 you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one for less - then again you could be riding by this afternoon, and I suppose he's your local dealer and.........

I paid less than $13K OTD for my '06 here in Calilfornia. I guess they are waiting for someone with poor impulse control.

I'll bet as soon as their 07's hit the floor the price will drop, they should be showing up in the next few weeks.

If the dealer is acting like a dork, maybe you should go elsewhere anyway.

I thought I'd post this here because it would probably get the most response here. There's an '06 FJR(non AE) sitting on the showroom floor at Southside Honda in Dayton, OH with a price tag on it for $13,500. It's been sitting there for several months and I've gone over there and sat on several times, hoping they'd drop that price eventually. But, these guys are not known for dropping their prices. I'm thinking they're not gonna get rid of that bike. They've also been known to have "new" bikes that are 2 or 3 years old with zero miles on them. I should probably look elsewhere eh?
I picked my 06 up on Dec 27 and I think the total OTD price was $12,962 at Lancaster Sport Cycles in Lancaster, Ohio (talk to Brian). That was an out of state sale so you can figure in tax and they sold me a 48 month YES for $400. Not all that far from Dayton, maybe a 2 hr drive. If you want Blue rather than cough syrup, they might be able to get you one. Oh, yea, great folks to deal with too.

Last edited by a moderator:
...If you want Blue rather than cough syrup...
Now that's funny! :lol:

Seriously, if you're patient and lucky, you may be able to find what I stumbled upon three months ago here in SoCal...a barely-used (1700 miles), nicely-farkled '06 from someone who discovered the FJR simply wasn't the bike for them. I scored a sweet deal, which included about $3,000 in add-ons (Smuggler, headed Corbin, 4 year warranty, braided cables, alarm, cruise, HID lights, cover, sliders, windshields, and a couple of riding suits (Fieldsheer and Joe Rocket) that actually fit me. (The guy wanted to go back to riding Harleys...)

Seriously, if you're patient and lucky, you may be able to find what I stumbled upon three months ago here in SoCal...a barely-used (1700 miles), nicely-farkled '06 from someone who discovered the FJR simply wasn't the bike for them. I scored a sweet deal, which included about $3,000 in add-ons (Smuggler, headed Corbin, 4 year warranty, braided cables, alarm, cruise, HID lights, cover, sliders, windshields, and a couple of riding suits (Fieldsheer and Joe Rocket) that actually fit me. (The guy wanted to go back to riding Harleys...)
Holy shit, did he throw in a free BJ with it?

I haven't made an offer as I'm not in a financial position to do so yet. I'm still trying to iron the mechanical problems with my GPZ too. But, I'll ya, I get all googley eyed when I sit on it. I hope it doesn't show. Maybe that's why they haven't dropped the price.

I haven't made an offer as I'm not in a financial position to do so yet. I'm still trying to iron the mechanical problems with my GPZ too. But, I'll ya, I get all googley eyed when I sit on it. I hope it doesn't show. Maybe that's why they haven't dropped the price.
Motorcycle dealers expect to negotiate, so the "sticker price" is essentially meaningless. For all you know, they'd take $12K.

- Mark

<snip>I get all googley eyed when I sit on it. I hope it doesn't show. Maybe that's why they haven't dropped the price.
I once went with a friend to look at bikes at a dealer and, after a test ride on a bike he thought he wanted, he returned to the showroom a got me aside and said, "The salesman doesn't know it yet; but, I'm going home with that bike."

And I thought -- fat chance he doesn't know. All it took is one look at that face with the big grin all over it..... :lol:

Yeah well. Since moving here from Connecticut I haven't yet found a good dealer. Don't bother with Shipps in Cincinnati, the guy's a class I :asshat:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah well. Since moving here from Connecticut I haven't yet found a good dealer. Don't bother with Shipps in Cincinnati, the guy's a class I :asshat:

With the PDP, doesn't the warranty start from the day they get it delivered, that or near abouts?

Skippy