07's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoham

Reaction score
Went to the Intrenational M/C show last Friday. The '07 really looks the same except for the color. The one at the show was red with no stripes. Color is pretty , but I like my '06 blue better. Reps didn't have much to say except how great the bike is. Tried to get some info on future for the bike. Nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I did a search. Didn't find an answer. Does anyone know a "date certain" for the arrival of the first '07s?

I have a friend who has one ordered (dealer's getting four); but, doesn't know yet when to expect one. Anyone?

Okay, I did a search. Didn't find an answer. Does anyone know a "date certain" for the arrival of the first '07s?I have a friend who has one ordered (dealer's getting four); but, doesn't know yet when to expect one. Anyone?
From what I've been told by my local dealer they have 2 coming in but don't expect them till Feb/March.

Okay, I did a search. Didn't find an answer. Does anyone know a "date certain" for the arrival of the first '07s?I have a friend who has one ordered (dealer's getting four); but, doesn't know yet when to expect one. Anyone?
My dealer is getting his first one in Dec.Mac :clapping:

I talked to one of the guys (Roy?) at D&H last Friday, and he told me that Gerald feels that the promised December units won't actually make it until January. He couldn't tell me why Gerald felt that way, only that he doesn't expect them as early as we were led to believe. :(

My dealer told me he will get mine in sometime mid December. He said he will get 7 total, 2 have already been purchased, mine and someone else.

He doesnt think they will be here on time because the history of the last 4 model years is that they show up a month or more latter than promised.

He doesnt think they will be here on time because the history of the last 4 model years is that they show up a month or more latter than promised.
given yamahas history of late delivery, makes me think that the delivery date they quote is the date the bikes are delivered to the shipping port.

given yamahas history of late delivery, makes me think that the delivery date they quote is the date the bikes are delivered to the shipping port.

Actually my 03 was scheduled for an August delivery and was delivered July 17, 02. Was a great feeling to get a call early.

Oops, posted in the wrong thread. Guess I need some sleep......

I love that new color, but not enough to take a huge hit on trying to sell my '06 to get one.
I saw the new 07 A and AE at the Toronto Show today. The red on the "A" looks ok. I suspect it will look better in the daylight. Interior lighting always makes a colour look different. I did notice (like the 06) the bags are not exactly the same shade as the rest of the bike. Seems like they don't have as much metallic in the paint and slightly darker. Looked a bit funny under fluorescent lights. My 06's bags look a bit darker and less metallic too.

The silver on the tail looks good though. Carry's through the side panels lines.

Doesn't seem to be an issue on the "AE"

Still glad I have the Cobalt blue 06.

I'm looking forward to my first look at the "new" red FJR! If I likey, I buyey!!

MJ

Thanks guys. I guess? we'll see 'em when we see 'em. I'll try to report when my friend gets his.
Well, my friend rode his '07-A home yesterday and has about 70 miles on it -- so far. He put close to 80K on his '04 so I was curious to find out what he thought about his new bike. Some of the things he said: It sure is a pretty extensive make-over, he felt. Given his brief experience w/'07 so far, he already thought the handling was quicker and with no apparent loss of stability. He thought the engine management was improved -- notably a lower cold idle speed. He noticed the sooner clutch engagement. He didn't notice any throttle issues. He liked the color but thought, if he had a choice, he would've chosen a color that showed dust, etc. less. He liked the sorta two-tone treatment that the non-maroon/silver plastic at the rear gives. He liked the new dash/gauges. His came with Bridgestones.

That's the report.....

Well, my friend rode his '07-A home yesterday and has about 70 miles on it -- so far. He put close to 80K on his '04 so I was curious to find out what he thought about his new bike. Some of the things he said: It sure is a pretty extensive make-over, he felt. Given his brief experience w/'07 so far, he already thought the handling was quicker and with no apparent loss of stability. He thought the engine management was improved -- notably a lower cold idle speed. He noticed the sooner clutch engagement. He didn't notice any throttle issues. He liked the color but thought, if he had a choice, he would've chosen a color that showed dust, etc. less. He liked the sorta two-tone treatment that the non-maroon/silver plastic at the rear gives. He liked the new dash/gauges. His came with Bridgestones.That's the report.....
Interesting. From my brief experience on an '06 AE at WFO this past summer (About 30 miles I think) I felt that the handling of the newer FJR (as compared to my 04) was definitely more stable, but a little slower. Not bad mind you, but a little less sportier. I was VERY impressed with the brakes. Major upgrade from the Gen I ABS system IMHO.

Latest posts