'08 News

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with the new grips? Heated?

What about the new bracket? More adjustability?

Looks like the silver side panel is painted body color too...I wonder if this is a photoshop mistake.

Seems like the AE got more work done to it.

For 2008, the FJR1300AE gets a new ABS system, new scratch-resistant hard windshield coating, a new windshield bracket design, new grips, new clutch and transmission design and refined electric-shift lever design for even more convenience.

This is it? This is the new color officially? Well, I'm safe from being tempted again this year. The color that I want hasn't come about, yet.

ADMIN NOTE: RadioHowie's thread merged into this one as it was a duplicate being discussed *rapidly* in two different spots.

On the STAR site they have some dressed up models but also a new warrior like raider sporting a 113 air cooled mill. looks a lot like that harley that came out a couple of years ago with the 21 front tire Duece maybe can't recall BUT no VMAX info probably be a seperate intro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamaha must of gotten a deal on black paint. Every streetbike currently up is offered in black this year. :lol:

Do the Gen II bikes have 2 lines to each of the front brakes? The picture under the 2008 Gallery on the Yamaha site shows the brake calipers...

What about a recalibrated ECU, more refined throttle response and strengthened rear sub-frame?

No Vmax on the 2007 lineup either. Did they make any in 2007?
Please take that to another thread or a PM. With the surge of info. on '08's....we need to keep this thread about '08s.

What about a recalibrated ECU, more refined throttle response and strengthened rear sub-frame?
I would be willing to bet there were some pretty fair changes in these areas, too.... it's just that Yammy doesn't want to discuss them.... :rolleyes:

It looks to me like the dashboard changed for the better. It's not silver anymore....it too looks black.

I realize this isn’t a thumper forum but, I gotta say, I really like the looks of the new Raider S. :D

I was told in July by my dealer that there was to be a Yamaha dealers' meeting in August, at which time, the specs and color on the '08 FJR would likely be unveiled. I hate to think someone around here has the info and isn't sharing, but I still gotta ask...anyone heard anything yet? I'm pretty certain it was September '06 that we heard about the purple FJRs. ;)
the yamaha site says the color is "raven". What color is raven?

GreyGoose

Looks like I'll still be the only one in the U.S. with a white FJR! :clapping:

It does look nice, but, I'm not impressed......

Will be interesting to find out if they did anyting about the ECU, throttle reponse, or rear subframe....