'08 News

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is all this talk about how dirty/dusty Black will be? Don't we all have wonderful metallic colored FJRs, be it Silver/Blue/BlkCherry??? The Blue and BlkCherry show dirt/dust just about as bad as black will.

Quite trying to rationalize your purchase by bashing the new model, and go wash your bike! :blink:

Or simply ride it. :clapping:

I agree. Nothing wrong with some dirt scattered around. That black mixed in there with a little Ouachita Mountain red clay and topsoil. Un Huh. Now that is pretty.

This baby is no harley bling moe-sheen.

:clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
A new ABS system?! The existing one is only 2 years old.... hmmmmm..... :unsure:

They don't really give any info on what's new with the ABS though.
Yeah, they do. CBS-ABS has been revised on how the rear brake works. Check the specs.

Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons and one rear piston; the rear brake pedal activates one rear piston and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.

Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons and two rear pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
I was told that the brakes on my 07 were only linked back to front.

There's only one piston in the rear brake caliper. So there's no linkage with the front brake lever.

They are modernizing their ABS system. The three electric solenoid valves in the existing system are two position solenoids -- they're either energized or they're not. The new system will utilize three position solenoids. They can be energized at say 8 amps for one position, 4 amps for another position, and 0 amps (de-energized) for the third position. The computer controlling the system will be working a bit harder but the hydraulic unit will be simplified and maybe a bit smaller.

Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons and one rear piston; the rear brake pedal activates one rear piston and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.

Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons and two rear pistons; the rear brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front pistons—for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
I was told that the brakes on my 07 were only linked back to front.
For once, what you were told is more correct than what they published - the text on the CANADIAN web site is unchanged since the release of the 2006 model.

I was worried that I jumped into the FJR arena a year to soon. Guess not My 07 is the color that I wanted Black cherry ( my bike for 16 years before was the same color) witch is all good. Only problems that I've had were lose head bearings when new and a main fuse that did not like to stay in place. I do like the raven color but it would be a pain.
Same here on the color. My previous bike of 28 years (79 Gold Wing) was similar color. It's all highly subjective but I love the depth and richness of black cherry. And it sure pops nice in the sun.

Has anyone run across pricing information from our favorite vendors? I got a voicemail from D&H saying 11,999 for the A. I'm going to call them back to confirm.

I just talked to Beaverton,Oregon's Bob Lamphere Honda-Yamaha-Suzuki and they assured me that the color is BLACK!! If it is they just lost me.We have ENOUGH HEAT ISSUES IMO I don't think that this would be the correct thing to do. I am glad that I have the 07 FJR, I have NO heat issues.

I just talked to Beaverton,Oregon's Bob Lamphere Honda-Yamaha-Suzuki and they assured me that the color is BLACK!! If it is they just lost me.We have ENOUGH HEAT ISSUES IMO I don't think that this would be the correct thing to do. I am glad that I have the 07 FJR, I have NO heat issues.
I've heard of dark colored cars soaking up the sun for a warm interior, but dark colored bikes? That's new to me. :blink: