$10,000.00 Heat Shrink

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawtracks

Reaction score
Just got home from a day of celebrating with my wife (1 year anniversary)

Stopped by Lowes on the way home to pick up a few things for some projects.

Saw a car with a Jack in the Box mascot hanging from a class III trailer hitch (thought poor Skooter, who would do such a thing) Where's my camera when I need it. :)

While in Lowes I wanted to pick up some really big heat shrink to cover my O2 sensor cable connection when I disconnect it for my PCIII installation. What do other use to keep water out? Do you just tuck it under the tank, tape over it?

Anyway as I am checking out, the guy at the register is so new his name tag is one of those hand written ones with a marker. My heat shrink rings up at an even $10,000.00 US, cash money! My wife looks at him with shock, "I think that is a little high" The clerk sort of fumbles for a switch to call the manager over but he looks busy. The new kid seems stressed, looks at his watch, looks at the line of 20 people behind us and says "How about a dollar?"

Sounds good to me, we are out of there.

Got 2, 6 inch pieces of 1 inch diameter heat shrink for a buck, marked down from $10,000!

Usually they have to summon over a manager for some sort of over-ride, not sure how he did it but it was humorous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, don't ask ,don't tell, right?! :friends: :haha:

ps

Where the hell are those purple sissies when ya need 'em?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from a day of celebrating with my wife (1 year anniversary)Stopped by Lowes on the way home to pick up a few things for some projects.

Saw a car with a Jack in the Box mascot hanging from a class III trailer hitch (thought poor Skooter, who would do such a thing) Where's my camera when I need it. :)

While in Lowes I wanted to pick up some really big heat shrink to cover my O2 sensor cable connection when I disconnect it for my PCIII installation. What do other use to keep water out? Do you just tuck it under the tank, tape over it?

Anyway as I am checking out, the guy at the register is so new his name tag is one of those hand written ones with a marker. My heat shrink rings up at an even $10,000.00 US, cash money! My wife looks at him with shock, "I think that is a little high" The clerk sort of fumbles for a switch to call the manager over but he looks busy. The new kid seems stressed, looks at his watch, looks at the line of 20 people behind us and says "How about a dollar?"

Sounds good to me, we are out of there.

Got 2, 6 inch pieces of 1 inch diameter heat shrink for a buck, marked down from $10,000!

Usually they have to summon over a manager for some sort of over-ride, not sure how he did it but it was humorous.

If you got a receipt for the 10G's, you should try and return it. ;)

You definitely have a record there....a hunter friend of mine went to buy a case (144 count) of clay targets for practice from the local 'chain' outdoor store here. New teenage clerk scans the barcode, then does "X 144" trying to charge him hundreds of $ for 1 box of clays... :lol: my friend tried to explain it to the kid, to no avail...manager had to be called over.