11/11/15 To All Veterans: Happy Veterans Day!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
To All Veterans: Happy Veterans Day!

Sergeant Don Stanley

US Army 1968-1974

5/32nd Artillery Battalion

Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

300px-M102_howitzer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
El Toro Jose, come join me at my Favorite Veterans Day place in Phoenix: Hooters, Nov. 11, 2015. Hooters invites all veterans and current servicemen and women to enjoy a free meal from a select menu. Requires a drink purchase. I can definitely handle a drink purchase, or six! JSNS, El Borracho ese!

VeteransDay.jpg

Happy Veterans Day to all, and thanks to those who have served, are serving and will serve in the future! I would also like to thank all the companies that are giving discounts and other offers to veterans on Veterans Day. Although I will not be able to patronize all the businesses on that day alone, I for one, will go out of my way to do business with as many as I can in the future to also thank those that support our troops, past, present and future.

Here is a link to some of the offers to Vets via military.com: https://www.military.com/veterans-day/veterans-day-military-discounts.html

happy veterans day to all who served and are out there now. I'm joining a bunch of local vets for a little parade tomorrow and we will be starting the parade with a volley of cannon fire. should be good.

Sgt Ray Slocomb

USAF 68-72

bombs and rockets.

Happy Vets Day, brothers and sisters, and thanks for your service!

Taylor H. Stukes, ETR2, SS, USN
USS Tunny - SSN 682
1976-1982

Nuclear Reactor Operator (so don't piss me off)

Happy Vets Day, brothers and sisters, and thanks for your service!

Taylor H. Stukes, ETR2, SS, USN

USS Tunny - SSN 682

1976-1982

Nuclear Reactor Operator (so don't piss me off)
Yeah right. A wimpy nerd ET says that
nono.gif
? Geez, I'm a-shakin' in my boondockers
blinksmiley.gif
! Hell man, we all know yoose SSN guys couldn't stand real man's patrol
punk.gif

But of course I echo the sentiments of all- have an excellent Veteran's Day from a fellow Nuke!

Russell L. Brentnell MM1/SS, USN

USS James Madison SSBN 627(G)

1978-1984

Engineroom Supervisor & SPCP

^^^^^ I still have a 36-inch flathead screwdriver that I borrowed from the boat; shaft as big around as a hot dog. We wielded it like a baseball bat during security drills. Stand to the side of the watertight door. If somebody's head comes through the hatch, see if you can smack it back to where it came from.

MMs have two-digit IQs. Why else would they agree to work in a filthy, steamy engine room?
Lkingsmiley.png
(Thanks for your service, too, bubblehead.)

Happy Veteran's Day to all who are serving and have served, in memory of my father, Edward C. Forster, USN, DRSA, USS Abbott DD-629 1951-54

^^^^^ I still have a 36-inch flathead screwdriver that I borrowed from the boat; shaft as big around as a hot dog. We wielded it like a baseball bat during security drills. Stand to the side of the watertight door. If somebody's head comes through the hatch, see if you can smack it back to where it came from.
MMs have two-digit IQs. Why else would they agree to work in a filthy, steamy engine room?
Lkingsmiley.png
(Thanks for your service, too, bubblehead.)
MM's are the best of all worlds: extreme manly- and burly-ness, unparalleled craftiness. Hell, McGyver used to call us for ideas. ETs? Those are the guys you'd cut their heads off and plop a flint rock down on their shoulders and the common sense index would go up 20 points. Intelligent? Sure, no doubt. But as whimsical as Tinkerbell and as sensible as HR Puffinstuff.

Have a good un, squid!

PS- for us in the USN submarine service "squid" is a term meaning something totally different. Use your imagination. Unless like the bonehead SSN guy in prior posts yours is MIA.

Thanks to all vets, past, present, and future.

U.S. Army

1968-1971

MOS: Watercraft Engineer on board the Large Tug (LT) 1975 at the Deep Water Port of Sattahip, Thailand.

So what is the commander called in each of the services by his/her subordinates????

ARMY: The Old Man

NAVY: Captain

USMC: Skipper

AIR FORCE: Mary