17th Annual Ride to the Rock- 11/24/2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box of Vstrom handguards just arrived yesterday. Just in time for the (forgot how long) ride from South Portland, Maine.
What odds you have a friend with a sofa I could overnight on (2 nights) if I don't have to ride through snow to join y'all?
I'm sure something could be arranged. Let me know your thoughts
My thoughts: I overnight in Portland on the 23rd (and 24th on way home) and ride to Lincoln on the 24th with Sullivan :rolleyes:
(Makes for a spendy weekend if I have to use hotels which are - right off the bat - about 33% more in USD; ouch)

Glad you're thinking about this MEM. You'll definitely be in the running for George's Longest Distance award.
bike.gif

For any others thinking about over-nighting, I tried the Hampton Inn in Pawtauket last year and unless something changed drastically since, I'd go with it again. Lit parking lot, a short ride up local roads to Cota's, and maybe best of all, an attached but completely separate bar with decent food.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g54103-d10726025-Reviews-Hampton_Inn_Pawtucket-Pawtucket_Rhode_Island.html

Box of Vstrom handguards just arrived yesterday. Just in time for the (forgot how long) ride from South Portland, Maine.
What odds you have a friend with a sofa I could overnight on (2 nights) if I don't have to ride through snow to join y'all?
I'm sure something could be arranged. Let me know your thoughts
My thoughts: I overnight in Portland on the 23rd (and 24th on way home) and ride to Lincoln on the 24th with Sullivan :rolleyes:

(Makes for a spendy weekend if I have to use hotels which are - right off the bat - about 33% more in USD; ouch)

Sullivan seems to have overlooked his proposed participation in my scheme ;)

Thanks, Hud ! But aren't you south of George ?

I have another scheme: drive (4-wheel) to Mike's Notell Motel and hope that I can ride bitch pillion to the Rock with someone
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try and make this happen. Does distance count if bike was shipped? LOL.

MEM, if it works for you, we have a room in Groton, Ma.

Brian and George .... thank you for your kind offers ! Brian - accommodations and George - the bitch pillion ride

Sadly, this ride isn't happening again for me (!) this year. New car, no snow tires (yet) and the weather is so whacky, I dare not venture out.

I had to enlist help to WHEEL my bikes down my driveway and across a snow-packed, icy street to my neighbours' garage (they winter in Florida and let me use their garage) . I've ridden in December but .... but they're away for the winter now
uhoh.gif

Play safe, y'all !

mary ellen

I'm still watching the weather. It looks like it'll be a good day for the ride, even though a tad brisk, with rain towards the evening. I'm hoping they'll push it back by a few hours allowing me to make it home.

No rain forecast here until Sunday morning. By the way, the hotel you have stayed at in Smithfield now has a great restaurant/pub in front of it. If you make it over let me know.

George

Last edited by a moderator:
The Hampton Inn on Rt. 7, right? Good to know. Not having something within walking distance scratched that one off the list.