1st Time Feejer!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambler

Reaction score
Just had my 2009 (new to me) delivered just now.

First impressions;

* Sweet

* Coming from a small cruiser - will have to get used to the feet position

* AE version: will need to get used to a slow smoother throttle movement

* Corbin Custom already fitted: seems just that bit higher than comfortable. Will have to put in a few rides.

* Will have to learn the 'suspension' optimal settings.

Rambler

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="xcsp" data-cid="1145352" data-time="1399326661"><p>

Congrats!! Enjoy the ride!</p></blockquote>

Thanks. Can't wait to get out there.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="HotRodZilla" data-cid="1145353" data-time="1399326699"><p>

Say goodbye to your money.</p></blockquote>

Ouch!

Better lock away the cards in ice?

Welcome aboard. You'll likely find the riding position more natural & way, way more comfortable than a bruiser, I mean cruiser. When doing suspension adjustments, make one adjustment at a time so you know what changes you're causing. There is an endless supply of info on this forum & there's no shortage of good natured sarcasm either. Plus the guys & gals here are really good @ helping you spend money on farkles like say, trading in your pirate riding gear for some dayglow Power Ranger stuff. Try to connect w/local FJR riders, they can be a good source of info & camaraderie. Enjoy the best bike there is!

Welcome aboard. You'll likely find the riding position more natural & way, way more comfortable than a bruiser, I mean cruiser. When doing suspension adjustments, make one adjustment at a time so you know what changes you're causing. There is an endless supply of info on this forum & there's no shortage of good natured sarcasm either. Plus the guys & gals here are really good @ helping you spend money on farkles like say, trading in your pirate riding gear for some dayglow Power Ranger stuff. Try to connect w/local FJR riders, they can be a good source of info & camaraderie. Enjoy the best bike there is!
I love(d) cruisers. But they are just that. Cruisers. A couple of long interstate rides showed me that the model i had was fairly under powered and was not the most stable in higher winds especially the draft/wake of long trailer trucks. And no, I do not and will not own Pirate costumes!

Suspension settings is the main task for now.

I've been on this forum for about 2 weeks now, even before I physically had the Feej in my stable! I know how easy it is to spendy spendy. (May be speaking too soon) But I aim to keep spendy spendy to a shortlist for now:

gps + mount

Crystal LED aux lights

I'm hoping I don't have to do anything with the Corbin Seat. That would be a bummer.

I'm hoping I don't have to do anything with the Corbin Seat. That would be a bummer.
I've heard that beating them regularly with a fish bat eventually softens them up to the point you can actually ride on 'em.

tetsubo_2994_640.jpg

Welcome! I found the AE easy to adjust to. Acceleration is smooth if you go through the usual motions/process of shifting, excluding your left hand. I suggest using the left toe shifter first then after a few rides try out the thumb/finger shifter (remember to turn it on!). Slow speed maneuvers require using the front brake to control your speed but you should get used to it. Enjoy.!

in regards to shifting, I would suggest to use your index finger for both up and down shifting. If you use thumb for down, I bet that every second time you hit the horn instead.

And where are the pics of your new bike? Forum rules: no pics = it did not happen!
smile.png

in regards to shifting, I would suggest to use your index finger for both up and down shifting. If you use thumb for down, I bet that every second time you hit the horn instead.
I believe the neighborhood know that I have a (new to me) bike on account of me doing just what you said!
mda.gif

And where are the pics of your new bike? Forum rules: no pics = it did not happen!
Believe me, it happened. The bank account is lighter for it!

Just got the bike into my garage off the shipping trailer (came in from Boston) yesterday 5pm. Bit of spit and elbow grease and some pics will be posting soon.

I owned a Corbin for about a week once........it felt like they just covered the fiberglass form with leather and sent it out........put it on Craigs and dumped it pronto.........the good news is they seem to be easy to sell..........enjoy the Feej.......tremendous machines that will easily keep up with the BMW's for a lot less.........before you know it you will most likely do a little Hog hunting.........lol.........always fun to whiz by.............you have roughly twice the horsepower of any stock Hog so fear not.............

I owned a Corbin for about a week once........it felt like they just covered the fiberglass form with leather and sent it out........
I'll be running with the Corbin for a little bit and see if my Seat Interface (aka Butt) is compatible with the Corbin. The bike has 'only' 1620 miles on the clock so far, so the seat may probably need a little breaking in.

Thanks!

Here you go. My Feej.

Photo taken just before it was loaded in to the trailer for shipping, by the seller.

So, yup. It happened.

FJR1300aeEdit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: