• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 FJR1300 FS/FT Savannah GA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COGnosticator

Reaction score
I would like to sell or trade my 2005 FJR1300 non ABS, it has 40,000 miles on it. I just bought it 5 weeks ago. It is in showroom condition, no scuff, drops marks of any kind I can find on it. I just finished a 1,900 mile trip and it ran flawlessly. I got as high as 48 mpg and low of 39 mpg, depending on flat slabs or twisty riding. It will come with the stock 2 piece seat. At 36,000 the valves were check and in spec, new fork seals, throttle body sync, anti freeze, spark plugs. New tires with 1,900 miles on them Pirelli Angle GT's (great tires) and oil and filter 1,900 miles ago (Rotell T6 syn) The picture shows the stock windscreen that I cut down for air flow, but I also have a larger than stock screen that will go with the bike (not sure the brand)

Why do I want to sell/ trade you ask? My wife rides her own bike, on the slab she will run 100 if needed, but in the twisties she is slow as molasses, so I bought this bike for her to ride with me when we go to rallies, like we just got back from. Wellll, on the first day ride I had her ride with me to speed things up. She rode on back with me but was highly pissed that she wasn't riding her own bike, since one of the guys in my group was slower than she would have been. Anyway she let me know she didn't want to ride on back with me. Wish I had known that before buying the bike, as I have a 2011 Speed Triple I would rather ride anyway.

Anyway back to selling or trading the bike. Selling price is $5,200, what I paid for the bike and I have some extras that I bought and put on the bike and here are the prices I want for those farkles: NADA avg retail is $5,850
PAID Sell
Bag Liners 107.00 55.00 Highway Pegs 189.00 90.00 Givi Rack 155.00 100.00 Russell Daylong Driver Only 250.00 250.00
701.00 495.00

I will not sell those farkles unless the bike sells and they are available for purchase with the bike. In the picture is a Givi E52, but that isn't for sale, it goes on the Speed3

What I would consider trading for is a Ninja 650, Yamaha FZ6, Street Triple or some other bike in the 600cc range. This would be a newer bike for my wife, as her 2006 Kaw Z750s is getting a little "long in the tooth" and she needs a newer bike. So something in the same price range as my FJR, with or without the extras.

Here is the only picture I have right now, but I can take more tonight. I was too exhausted when I got home yesterday to deal with it. Call 912 596 7393 or PM or email me at [email protected]

Here is a link to a larger size picture https://www.pbase.com/cognosticator/i...44541/original

medium.jpg

LOL, she wasn't happy about it. I just wish she had said something before I bought the bike. It is a great bike though and I was really glad I had it on this trip because of all the interstate.

I also saw you Dad at the rally, great to see him again. and Pappy was there also
smile.png

I forgot to add that the bike has a Stebel horn, throttlemeister cruise and an electrical outlet, cigarette lighter style

Dang I wish was a little earlier I just bought a engine for my bike. I was looking for a close Gen 1 bike. Good luck with sale.

Price drop to $4,600 and it will come with a complete shop manual on CD

Crazy I can't edit my original post unless I have XX number of post

Hey Jerry;
You want to trade it for a nice Concours that was only ridden by a fat old man?
smile.png

LOL, thanks but not right now

Good to hear you're keeping the FJR. It's just now gettin' broke in. Ride safe.
Gary

darksider #44
Thanks Gary, I was trying to get a "newer" bike for my wife and I was able to accomplish that without sell the FJR, which I didn't want to

COG
I see you're kinda new around here. Welcome to the best forum around.
Hope the situation works out with your wife. I was jes thinkin' that a Russel Day Long passenger seat might make life a little more bearable on the back of the FJR? Wouldn't there be times she'd want to ride with you, like if she was feeling tired or wanted to check out the scenery INSTEAD of focusing on the road... or ya needed to save gas money? Maybe a good two-up mount could be a good thing... going forward? Especially if it didn't include the thrill and challenge of twisties?

ON the other hand, I'm wondering if a trip out to a local race track for some training in the fine art of cornering might be both fun and beneficial to her? I've heard some really positive things about this, especially for ladies. And mebbee a bike with a little better capacity in the corners would fit the bill for her? Or at least make cornering a little easier to do... Who knows, with the right training and the right equipment, you might find yourself struggling to keep up with HER. What a switch that would be !!! Anyway, that new bike for her thing seems like a good idea, though that might mean that you would indeed need to sell the FJR one day. But hey, we rarely keep anything FOREVER anyway, do we?

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
COGI see you're kinda new around here. Welcome to the best forum around.

Hope the situation works out with your wife. I was jes thinkin' that a Russel Day Long passenger seat might make life a little more bearable on the back of the FJR? Wouldn't there be times she'd want to ride with you, like if she was feeling tired or wanted to check out the scenery INSTEAD of focusing on the road... or ya needed to save gas money? Maybe a good two-up mount could be a good thing... going forward? Especially if it didn't include the thrill and challenge of twisties?

ON the other hand, wondering what a trip out to a local race track for some training in the fine art of cornering might be both fun and beneficial to her? I've heard some really positive things about this, especially for ladies. And mebbee a bike with a little better capacity in the corners would fit the bill for her? Or at least make cornering a little easier to do... Who knows, with the right training and the right equipment, you might find yourself struggling to keep up with HER. What a switch that would be !!! Anyway, that new bike for her thing seems like a good idea, though that might mean that you would indeed need to sell the FJR one day. But hey, we rarely keep anything FOREVER anyway, do we?

Gary
Thanks for the welcome Gary. Last month at the COG rally she rode on the back with me and told me I would need to get a Russell for the passenger and the passenger peg lowers for her to be comfortable. I had that setup on the Concours C14, so I spoiled her LOL She is happy with the way she rides, refuses to take track days to even "try" to learn to be faster so I will just have to put up with it. I tell my riding buddies whose wifes refuse to ride with them how lucky they are, and they know it. I do get a few weekends a year to ride just with the guys, probably more than with her. I usually keep a bike about 18-24 months then it is time for a change, and I am trying to sell the speed triple now. If it doesn't sell I don't mind, I will still take it on trips with the boys as it is a hoot in the twisties.

If you're quick, there are used Russels on sale here 3 or 4 times a year. I've seen those footpegs you spoke of in the classifieds as well, but not as often. Concerning your better half's speed around the corners, I'm wondering if a better cornering bike would make a difference. I think you alluded to that when you were thinking about updating her ride in your first post. Ehh, one of these days...

I think it's pretty cool that your wife wants to go riding with you on her own bike. Personally, I'd lose the other riders and enjoy the time with her if it were me. I'd be too busy gabbing with her on the Sena to pay much attention to the other guys any way. But that's just my opinion. Enjoy that new ride and good luck with your sale.

Latest posts