2006 FJR Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is, unless it has at least 7500 miles on it, like I did. Then, no worries and I saved a bit on the purchase.
Yes, T.C., but he's looking at NEW bikes. Those citizens from other states, outside the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, don't realize we can't bring new "Outer Stater" bikes across our borders. The Smog Police (CARB) get real testy and use DMV to punish all miscreants. :headbonk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, T.C., but he's looking at NEW bikes.  Those citizens from other states, outside the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, don't realize we can't bring new "Outer Stater" bikes across our borders.  The Smog Police (CARB) get real testy and use DMV to punish all miscreants.  :headbonk:
Well then, you should have boldly stated:

kmalott

[SIZE=14pt]DO NOT BUY A NEW NON-CALIFORNIA FJR[/SIZE]

Some who may be reading this might misinterpret your words and, knowing your vastly superior wisdom, go away with incorrect information. I know this thread is about 2006 bikes, but we gotta keep all the info correct. :D

Beware. Even buying a new vehicle in another state and putting 7500 mi. on it and trying to register it in Ca. still won't cut the musterd.

Clicky

Read under: "What is considered a New Vehicle?" It's better to not buy out of state if you live in Ca. PM. <>< :eek:

I live in TN, so you could just register it in my name, and I'll put the first 7500 miles on it for you. After that I could sign it back over to you, and all would be well. I just don't want to be involved in the financials!

;) ;) :D :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in TN, so you could just register it in my name, and I'll put the first 7500 miles on it for you.  After that I could sign it back over to you, and all would be well.  I just don't want to be involved in the financials!
;)   ;)   :D   :D   :D   :D
Thanks for the offer. I suppose the deal would also include you borrowing my girlfriend during that "break in period" Take care. ;)

The Feej ain't a 50 stater... we have the charcoal can in California. Combine that with the 7,500 mile rule and there's your problem. Effing CARB! Someone got an enema handy? :angry:

I live in TN, so you could just register it in my name, and I'll put the first 7500 miles on it for you. After that I could sign it back over to you, and all would be well. I just don't want to be involved in the financials!
;) ;) :D :D :D :D
Sounds like a good offer, everyone. I'm happy to do the same for the left coasters... :D

It doesn't sound like that big of a deal if you're buying a vehicle with a 50 state sticker on it. Link below:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29.htm

I don't get it.
Yes, the key here is whether the bike has a 50-state sticker on it. Many vehicles are produced in a 50-state version where the same vehicle is sold in CA is in the other 49-states. (I have a Mini Cooper that is like this.) If so, CA is happy to register the vehicle bought out of state.

Unfortunately, unless the 06 is different than previous years, the FJR has two different models - a 49-state which can only be sold outside of CA, and a 50-state that can be sold anywhere. The differences are minor and there are methods to cirvcumvent the whole issue, but it's not worth the hassle - if you like in CA, you should probably confine your shopping to in state dealers.

- Mark

It doesn't sound like that big of a deal if you're buying a vehicle with a 50 state sticker on it. Link below:
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29.htm

I don't get it.
Yes, the key here is whether the bike has a 50-state sticker on it. Many vehicles are produced in a 50-state version where the same vehicle is sold in CA is in the other 49-states. (I have a Mini Cooper that is like this.) If so, CA is happy to register the vehicle bought out of state.

Unfortunately, unless the 06 is different than previous years, the FJR has two different models - a 49-state which can only be sold outside of CA, and a 50-state that can be sold anywhere. The differences are minor and there are methods to cirvcumvent the whole issue, but it's not worth the hassle - if you like in CA, you should probably confine your shopping to in state dealers.

- Mark
The '06 is, once again, not a 50 stater. They have CA specific models...

Yeah, that would do it. Doesn't seem worth the hassle anyway. You'd really have to be saving some serious cash to even consider it.