2006 Stalling Issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyclemed

Reaction score
Hi All:

Interesting issue. Yesterday my 06 stalled for no reason while turning and it firedcright up. Then today, I was sitting at a traffic light and it just stalled. Again, fired right up.

Only change lately was that I am on a trip and I rode two days and 1000 miles in pouring rain. That was last week and been dry since with another 1200 miles since.

Anyone experience this issue?

Hi All:
Interesting issue. Yesterday my 06 stalled for no reason while turning and it firedcright up. Then today, I was sitting at a traffic light and it just stalled. Again, fired right up.

Only change lately was that I am on a trip and I rode two days and 1000 miles in pouring rain. That was last week and been dry since with another 1200 miles since.

Obvious question, what's your idle set to? Should be a minimum of 1000 rpm, maybe 1100.

Had a similar issue with my Gen 1 last year. While riding in pouring rain, the bike stalled as I was making a turn at a stop sign. Managed to re-start it and got home by keeping the revs high - it wouldn't idle.

Next day it refused to start, no codes etc. Pulled the tank and checked all electrical connections, most were fine but the big main one (can't find the picture I took) was badly corroded, cleaned them all and sealed with dialectic grease.

Never had a problem since.

Hope this helps?

Al.

Thanks guys. Just to clarify, the stalling was when it was 100% dry and sunny. I had ridden in 1000 miles of rain last week. Bike has 34K on it.

Thanks again,

do a search on ground spider issue and verify that this is or isn't the issue. this is very similar to how i found out i had the ground spider issue with my 06.

Hi All:

Have you had the bike in for the spider recall?? I also have a 2006, and have ridden for a couple days in pouring rain earlier this summer, but no issues (yet).

do a search on ground spider issue and verify that this is or isn't the issue. this is very similar to how i found out i had the ground spider issue with my 06.
Spider Ground recall was done. Added the harness as I did not have any evidence of a problem.

Thanks

Hi all. Well, I narrowed down and repaired the issue. Bike completely died 500 miles from home at 70MPH. Positive battery cable had come loose. Clue wascDatelbjumpingvfrom 10.4-14.6 just prior. Tightened it upband allnis well.

But my JM CB not working so I believe I blew a fuse with the loose terminal arcing.

Oh and yes the ignitionbswitchvrecall was done as was the spider ground.

Thanks again,