• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 FJR on Cycle Trader - No response from seller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I tried calling Robert a couple of days ago and got his voice mail. I left a message and he has not called back. I guess I'm destined to keep riding a 17 year old Connie.
I thought that was covered a few posts back. Obviously other people read all the posts.

Okay, now I'm really confused.
huh.png
I thought this thread was dead but the listing for the motor in question was updated on Cycle Trader yesterday, Dec-30-2012. Now why would Robert, the seller, renew his listing if the motor is not for sale?!? If it is for sale why does Robert not respond to the message I sent him through the Cycle Trader web site or the voice message I left on his phone?

I guess I'll make another attempt to get more information on this motor.
deadhorse.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
why would Robert, the seller, renew his listing if the motor is not for sale?!? If it is for sale why does Robert not respond to the message I sent him through the Cycle Trader web site or the voice message I left on his phone?

Why would you be asking US these questions? I can't believe you're still going through this dance with this bonehead. I know it's none of my business what you do here, Mike, but why would you even want to deal with this guy? There are issues here and red flags aplenty. A serious seller with a real motorcycle to sell would not be acting like this. Walk away. Lots of FJRs for sale.

CL is full of scammers, but there are good deals to be had. You just have to look often and ask a lot of questions. If you havent already try this . It is a good tool to help simplify a search on CL and ebay.

I take exception to the negative comments relative to craigslist. I have sold three bikes and bought two on craigslist. Agreed, there are scammers and it is only prudent to meet the seller and took the bike over before agreeing to buy. I do not sell to buyers who want the bike shipped. They can come and look at the bike and take it to a dealership to have it shipped. If I now had an FJR for sale, I would post it on this forum and craigslist. No reason to think it would not sell with that coverage.

why would Robert, the seller, renew his listing if the motor is not for sale?!? If it is for sale why does Robert not respond to the message I sent him through the Cycle Trader web site or the voice message I left on his phone?

Why would you be asking US these questions? I can't believe you're still going through this dance with this bonehead. I know it's none of my business what you do here, Mike, but why would you even want to deal with this guy? There are issues here and red flags aplenty. A serious seller with a real motorcycle to sell would not be acting like this. Walk away. Lots of FJRs for sale.
It is simple, I have a $10,000 certified check from the Nigerian National Bank that I want to use to purchase this motor and the seller can refund me the difference between the asking amount for the motor and the check.
hypocritesmiley.png

Btw, there are hardly any low mileage 2007/08 Gen IIs being offered for sale right now.

Update: I finally got ahold of Robert and he says the motor was sold. So it was a real motor that I missed out on.
character0029.gif

Well I found another 2007 in Rhode Island. The mileage is higher (37,000) than the motor in GA and it doesn't have all the farkles but the price is only $5995. A friend in RI thinks he knows this particular motor and the former owner. He is going to confirm that and let me know. Still I wish I could have gotten that GA motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is simple, I have a $10,000 certified check from the Nigerian National Bank that I want to use to purchase this motor and the seller can refund me the difference between the asking amount for the motor and the check.
hypocritesmiley.png
Well, HELL, why didn't you tell us this in the first place? No wonder you wanted that one.

Still think you did well to find a different seller. Robert still sounds like a flake to me, and you can put that $2K difference right where you want it. I think you did fine, and 37K miles is nothing to worry about, IMO.