• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 FJR Orders Through D&H Cycles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A $500 deposit secures your order.
I wonder if Jerold is aware that Yamaha dropped the PDP program.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moving to the Vendor forum...
Hello folks. First time posting, but not new to the forum as I've lurked here off & on for a while. FWIW - I appreciate all I've learned from this place even though there are somethings I wish I DIDN'T know. ;) Oh - I own a 2003 FJR and a H*nda NS50. Anyhow.....

Just wanted to make a couple of comments about D&H and the manner in which Yamaha is doing the 2007 model.

Although I've not purchased a bike from D&H, what little time I spent on the phone with them gave me a very good feeling about the folks. Genuine is the word that comes to mind.

As for the 2007 model.....whereas there's no longer a PDP, there might as well be one for I was told by the lady at D&H that dealers only had until the end of October to place orders for the bike. She mentioned that because of that, D&H wouldn't be ordering hardly any more FJR's other than what they have deposits for. Potentially, this could result in 07 FJR's being even more scarce in dealer showrooms than they were in '03 when the bike first came to the US. Killing the PDP and saying the bike would be a dealer stocked bike isn't exactly the case if I understood what I was told. Now....if I'm wrong (which happens more times than I care to admit), I'd sure like to know. However, when I talked to my local dealer he said that he wasn't planning on ordering ANY FJR's for his showroom due to floor plan costs and because Yamaha had that Oct. 31 ordering deadline. Anywho....

Thanks for entertaining my thoughts. Take care. Ride safe.

Tom

A $500 deposit secures your order.
I wonder if Jerold is aware that Yamaha dropped the PDP program.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moving to the Vendor forum...
Hello folks. First time posting, but not new to the forum as I've lurked here off & on for a while. FWIW - I appreciate all I've learned from this place even though there are somethings I wish I DIDN'T know. ;) Oh - I own a 2003 FJR and a H*nda NS50. Anyhow.....

Just wanted to make a couple of comments about D&H and the manner in which Yamaha is doing the 2007 model.

Although I've not purchased a bike from D&H, what little time I spent on the phone with them gave me a very good feeling about the folks. Genuine is the word that comes to mind.

As for the 2007 model.....whereas there's no longer a PDP, there might as well be one for I was told by the lady at D&H that dealers only had until the end of October to place orders for the bike. She mentioned that because of that, D&H wouldn't be ordering hardly any more FJR's other than what they have deposits for. Potentially, this could result in 07 FJR's being even more scarce in dealer showrooms than they were in '03 when the bike first came to the US. Killing the PDP and saying the bike would be a dealer stocked bike isn't exactly the case if I understood what I was told. Now....if I'm wrong (which happens more times than I care to admit), I'd sure like to know. However, when I talked to my local dealer he said that he wasn't planning on ordering ANY FJR's for his showroom due to floor plan costs and because Yamaha had that Oct. 31 ordering deadline. Anywho....

Thanks for entertaining my thoughts. Take care. Ride safe.

Tom

i just spoke with my dealer, and he said the factory is closed this week, and next. they won't be back to work till 1/2/07. that means the '07 FJR's won't be shipped till after the first. his best guess was the bikes would be here the second, or third week in january. so i guess anyone wanting that special christmas present will have to wait.

i would like to wish everyone here, and your families a very happy, and joyus holiday season.

chiefj48