• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2007 FJR Orders Through D&H Cycles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the market for an 07 FJR and D & H sounds like a great deal . How does one buy a bike out of state and ride it home ? Do you have to license it it that state first and then transfer it to your home state ?
thanks ahead of time

mac

There is no prob here. The locals here just wait for you to drive it off the lot, turn on the blue lights we got from the "shack" , and the ride home on our newly confiscated bike. How do you think I got my 06? :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

There is a way to get it into Ca. Have it registered to a family member out of state. Then after the 7500 mile thing do a inter family transfer, no tax in Ca. for inter family transfer. I had a co worker do this on a Dodge diesel dual axel and saved $8000. Lots of excuses when registered to a family member and used in Ca til the milage cap.

A friend of mine in California bought a new BMW K1200 off ebay from a dealer in New York and had it shipped here and had NO problem registering it with DMV. Of course he had to pay CA taxes though. :angry2:
That's because most BMW's are 50 state legal, no carbon cannister issue here like we have with the FJR.

Exactly, so if there's a way to "order" a bike from an out of CA dealer, as a CA/50 state bike then you are golden. The 7500 mile rule is moot.

Rick

Having problems getting in touch with D & H Cycles, their phone is always busy. I tried off and on all day yesterday and today and no luck. I called the no. that Bounce listed 1-800-392-6242 and also the other no. listed on this forum. 888-553-3311 and 256-739-1840 . They all have been busy.

Do they by chance have an E-mail address, I hate to have the dead line go by for their deal and not be able to get in touch with them.

thanks

mac

Having problems getting in touch with D & H Cycles, their phone is always busy. I tried off and on all day yesterday and today and no luck. I called the no. that Bounce listed 1-800-392-6242 and also the other no. listed on this forum. 888-553-3311 and 256-739-1840 . They all have been busy.
Do they by chance have an E-mail address, I hate to have the dead line go by for their deal and not be able to get in touch with them.

thanks

mac
I called them yesterday, and got through with no problems. I took their quote to my local dealer, and he beat the price. so needless to say i put a deposit on an '07 black cherry FJR. I know not everyone likes the color, but i think it looks great. so soon i'll be riding my black cherry '07 FJR.

Man thats hard to believe they beat D&H prices. I think this is the first I have heard of. Good for you. I saw the new color in person and outside it looks really good. Wish they would have put some gold metalflake in the paint though.

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks

mac
I called them yesterday, and got through with no problems. I took their quote to my local dealer, and he beat the price. so needless to say i put a deposit on an '07 black cherry FJR. I know not everyone likes the color, but i think it looks great. so soon i'll be riding my black cherry '07 FJR.
Either your dealer will hit you up with additional charges or you're a Bullshitter.

A $500 deposit secures your order. These are out the door prices with no added fees. You do have to pay state sales tax and registration in your state
You know that for sure for every state?

I've heard that statement before and also heard how folks then bring their bike back to Washington from Oregon (non sales tax state) and get a big, wet bite taken out of their ass in the form of a "use tax" which is coincidentally exactly the same rate as the sales tax. Probably just as true for other states. Since we don't have income taxes here, our state end up taking revenues from sales taxes and other sources pretty seriously.....

Just thinking you might want to be sure you know every state deal before some disgruntled user comes to the admins looking for your home address ;) (BTW, we have no clue. He's in Texas somewhere)

....Still a great price even if one has to pay home state taxes..... Go D&H!

Not sure I understand your point. He clearly states you *DO* have to pay any local state tax and fees when you register the bike in YOUR state. That's typically how it works. You buy a vehicle and it's no sales tax to out-of-state buyers because your home state will bang you when you register it. The taxes and fees you pay are regulated by your home state, not the selling state. Perhaps you misread Bounce's post?

Bought my 06 FJR from D&H they gave me a copy of the sales receipt and the certificate of origin. Called my insurance company and rode it home to Omaha NE with no problems. Paid sales tax and all the other bullshit fees at NE DMV. By the way D&H are the best. They couldn't be nicer folks to deal with, I saved over $2500.00 buying my FJR from them not to mention the great ride home.

stopped by D&H the other day (business trip travel happened me by there). great folks, appear very honest and straigh shooters! BTW it is a very small shop. Worth the phone call to them.

if your dealer beats the price -- verify price on the YES (Yamaha Extended Warantee) -- D&H does well with that price also.

Check to see how may FJR's your dealer has PDI'd (pre-delivery 'inspection'/assembly).... D&H has done several hundred -- and KNOW the FJR very well.

stopped by D&H the other day (business trip travel happened me by there). great folks, appear very honest and straigh shooters! BTW it is a very small shop. Worth the phone call to them.
if your dealer beats the price -- verify price on the YES (Yamaha Extended Warantee) -- D&H does well with that price also.

Check to see how may FJR's your dealer has PDI'd (pre-delivery 'inspection'/assembly).... D&H has done several hundred -- and KNOW the FJR very well.
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

+1

thanks

mac
Either your dealer will hit you up with additional charges or you're a Bullshitter.
well my dealer put it in writing, and the bike was orderes 10/18. i would have no problems doing business with D&H. i hear nothing but great things about them. i just tought i would see what my local guy would say when i told him the price. his answer to me, was he would be it. i called his bluff, went down there, with cash, and told him i was there to order it. he said no problem, we sat down, and i have it all in writing. it saved me the travel time and expence. hey i'm just glad i'm getting one. i think this is a great sight, and the people, seem to be very helpful.

chiefj48

I would like to order my FJR from D&H and pay the $500 deposit , but besides their word what documentation do :D they give me that says $11,779 is the OTD price so I have no surprises once I arrive there?

I would like to order my FJR from D&H and pay the $500 deposit , but besides their word what documentation do :D they give me that says $11,779 is the OTD price so I have no surprises once I arrive there?
The recommendation of a couple of hundred satisfied buyers?

When they receive your check, they will send you an invoice that includes the agreed upon price, your down payment, and how much you need to bring with you when you pick up the bike.

Are there anyone from IL or surrounding states that are ordering from them and planning on picking up as soon as possible?

Would you want to share the price of the drive down or in case of the snow price on trailering it back?

The only suprise you will get at D&H is the over-the-top satisfying buying experience from a team that will do anything possible to make sure you are happy!

Some info from the folks at D&H Cycle (in Alabama) on the 2007 FJR.
The 2007 FJR13AWR (red) is $11,779.00

FJR13AEWS- (ELECTRIC SHIFT MODEL -silver) $13,339.00

A $500 deposit secures your order. These are out the door prices with no added fees. You do have to pay state sales tax and registration in your state

THey are taking orders at the above prices through October 20, 2006 (12 Noon). The number is 1-800-3-YAMAHA--ask to talk to Jerold or Renaa.
I could have gone my whole life without knowing how much I overpaid for my 06. They were pretty scarce (I thought) so I didn't feel so much in a position to negotiate as I would have with a more plentiful bike.

Eh, but I couldn't be riding an '07 right now. Plus I like the blue. Saw a red one at Biketoberfest at the Yamaha tent.

When they receive your check, they will send you an invoice that includes the agreed upon price, your down payment, and how much you need to bring with you when you pick up the bike.
My experience is exactly what Crewof1 said. I received the above mentioned invoice a few days ago from D&H, and it's exactly what we discussed. No fun & games, no gimmicks, no tricks. Jerold and Renee have been wonderful to talk with so far, and I don't expect that to change. I mean come on, they sold over 100 Feejer's in '06 alone. They wouldn't sell a tenth of that if they were jerks.

My invoice says I have a balance due on delivery of $11,279. When I pay them that amount, I ride away and pay tax and registration in my home state. It's a no-brainer for me as Cullman is only 350 miles away, and dealers around here are strictly MSRP -take it or leave it. I left it.

My experience is exactly what Crewof1 said. I received the above mentioned invoice a few days ago from D&H, and it's exactly what we discussed. No fun & games, no gimmicks, no tricks. Jerold and Renee have been wonderful to talk with so far, and I don't expect that to change. I mean come on, they sold over 100 Feejer's in '06 alone. They wouldn't sell a tenth of that if they were jerks.
My invoice says I have a balance due on delivery of $11,279. When I pay them that amount, I ride away and pay tax and registration in my home state. It's a no-brainer for me as Cullman is only 350 miles away, and dealers around here are strictly MSRP -take it or leave it. I left it.
+1. Got my papers from them last week which says the balance of 11.279.

I have convinced a coworker on getting one from D&H as well. So, now my trip south wont be a solo boring drive.

Who else has a bike on order with them now? Are you planning on getting a top case? If yes, maybe it is time to see if Jerald will deal on those as well?

There is a way to get it into Ca. Have it registered to a family member out of state. Then after the 7500 mile thing do a inter family transfer, no tax in Ca. for inter family transfer. I had a co worker do this on a Dodge diesel dual axel and saved $8000. Lots of excuses when registered to a family member and used in Ca til the milage cap.
A friend of mine in California bought a new BMW K1200 off ebay from a dealer in New York and had it shipped here and had NO problem registering it with DMV. Of course he had to pay CA taxes though. :angry2:
That's because most BMW's are 50 state legal, no carbon cannister issue here like we have with the FJR.
Exactly, so if there's a way to "order" a bike from an out of CA dealer, as a CA/50 state bike then you are golden. The 7500 mile rule is moot.Rick
So what are the chances that D&H can snag some FJR13AVC models? :)