2008 CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea when you'll be setting out? I currently have Fri-Sun off from work(4-day work week), probably take the Thurs off for sure.
I always thought Niobrara was some where in Africa. Turn's out it's in the exotic state of Nebraska. :lol2:

I'm waiting to find out some dates of some other activities I'm involved with before I commit. But kilroy (another forum member) and I met in Alexandria and road out together. We took all back roads on the way out on Wednesday except maybe 30-40 miles of interstate. We road three full days Thursday through Saturday around the Black Hills and hardly road any roads twice. Then came back home on Sunday. Sunday was an all interstate day, but you have the whole trip home to think of the fun you had the last three or four days.

Yes, the roads can be boring but we have some fun events scheduled. An Iron Butt ride if your up to put some serious miles on for a day. And some other things that will be forthcoming. Hope you can make it.

devanator

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought Niobrara was some where in Africa. Turn's out it's in the exotic state of Nebraska. :lol2:
now *that's* just funny right there.

I'd consider cruising up to Sioux Falls if the Niobrara meet-up doesn't happen. rick's gonna go early (or is he really just going to spend 3 days around Niobrara drinking Fat Tire at THE saloon??)

Registration page coming soon.... I promise. :)

Damn, that Fat tire must be good. I've heard a couple peeps talkin' bout it recently. Hey if Rick's got the whole week off, that wouldn't be to bad a way to spend it.

Any idea when you'll be setting out? I currently have Fri-Sun off from work(4-day work week), probably take the Thurs off for sure.

I'm waiting to find out some dates of some other activities I'm involved with before I commit. But kilroy (another forum member) and I met in Alexandria and road out together. We took all back roads on the way out on Wednesday except maybe 30-40 miles of interstate. We road three full days Thursday through Saturday around the Black Hills and hardly road any roads twice. Then came back home on Sunday. Sunday was an all interstate day, but you have the whole trip home to think of the fun you had the last three or four days.

Yes, the roads can be boring but we have some fun events scheduled. An Iron Butt ride if your up to put some serious miles on for a day. And some other things that will be forthcoming. Hope you can make it.

devanator
I think I'll do an"iron butt" another time. With all the riding out/back, and during, I'll probably end up with sb the way it is.

Sounds like you have a good plan too . Keep me posted

I have marked my calendar for CFO, hope to make it but won't know for sure until mid summer. Hey Rick, ride out here and we could do a saddle sore back to sodak. :rolleyes:

:yahoo: Just made my reservations. Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'll see ya'll out there.

I was in the Hills last summer with a car club and had a great time . Awesome roads over there and top notch scenery. Look forward to seeing the Hills again, this time on the bike. :)

Pulled the trigger, booked a room for Friday and sat night. Will leave Ca thurs morn and plan to get in friday afternoon. You guys promise dry weather, eh?

Pulled the trigger, booked a room for Friday and sat night. Will leave Ca thurs morn and plan to get in friday afternoon. You guys promise dry weather, eh?

The C in CFO is for central U.S., not for California. :rolleyes:

Just kiddin', I'll see ya' there ! :drinks:

Will leave Ca thurs morn and plan to get in friday afternoon. You guys promise dry weather, eh?
Well I can promise I'll buy you a beer when you get there. :) It sounds like you're not planning on stopping at every historic site marker on the way. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I grew up in MN, will that help me get pass the bouncer? Thanks for the offer Jackson, a brewski sounds good after riding across a few states.

I may ride over to see my folks after a visit with you guys.

Count me in. Just made my reservations this morning so I am good to go. Notified the boss that I am MIA for the week. Any MN riders that want to hook up for the ride over let me know. I have the entire week off so I can leave anytime, I may make a week of it.

Looking forward to my first official FJR outting as a FNG. BTW, when does one move up to FOG status?

Count me in. Just made my reservations this morning so I am good to go. Notified the boss that I am MIA for the week. Any MN riders that want to hook up for the ride over let me know. I have the entire week off so I can leave anytime, I may make a week of it.
Looking forward to my first official FJR outting as a FNG. BTW, when does one move up to FOG status?
When you make enough senseless or useless comments to get over 25 posts. :)

When you make enough senseless or useless comments to get over 25 posts. :)
NOOOO problem. I have a Phd in senseless and useless. Its true, just ask my wife.

I'll have to see if I can make it to my fist CFO.... sounds like it would be an amazing adventure... :)

I am planning to be there. I'll be making reservations as soon as I find out if John, the H-D rider from last year, can make it. He has been asking me about FJR's and is even considering taking mine for a ride. I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up at CFO this year on something other than his Ultra Classic. Maybe something Raven black or Black Cherry? John had a great time and I think he was very impressed with the way you guys treated a non-FJR owner.

Thank You,

Erik.

I am planning to be there. I'll be making reservations as soon as I find out if John, the H-D rider from last year, can make it. He has been asking me about FJR's and is even considering taking mine for a ride. I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up at CFO this year on something other than his Ultra Classic. Maybe something Raven black or Black Cherry? John had a great time and I think he was very impressed with the way you guys treated a non-FJR owner.
Thank You,

Erik.
We were very happy to have John and other the non-FJR riders there last year. We even had a lady on a Triumph there, and I think she still remembers everyone's names.

I'll have to see if I can make it to my fist CFO.... sounds like it would be an amazing adventure... :)
The bike riding roads in the Black Hills are among the best in the country. You can't go wrong.... that's why the attendees at last years' CFO voted to have it in the same place this year.

Reservations made, Im gonna puss out and trailer the bike up with the wife, she doesnt go for 600 mile rides... See you all there and look forward to meeting you!!