2008 CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for grins I talked to my contact at Pirelli. They were very generous to the CFO in the past (donating 2 sets of Strada's). And it sounds like they're willing to do something for the next CFO.

Is there going to be a dedicated web page for the CFO gathering in the fall?
Yes. I'm working on that detail. Registration and information will be it's main focus.

Rick or Brian should have some idea what the capacities are of the other rooms.
Yeah, the one Rick and I were in also had multiple beds...

The Hilltop Motel is w/in walking distance, and they have 12 rooms.

-bvw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very sad that I couldn't do it this year. Maybe 2008 will be my first CFO appearance.
Now were talking 5 or 6 guys from kansas or mo. would be great on the way up. That would keep MKO and I from gettin tired of each other. (just kiddin mike) However if time allows this year I would like to meet up with the nioraroba( or however the hell you spell it) group for a steak dinner and the ride in. Just throwin it out there. Stan
This is a 2 day ride from Kansas isnt it?? so would you all be leaving on Wed sometime and returning sometime that monday?

Phil

I was very sad that I couldn't do it this year. Maybe 2008 will be my first CFO appearance.
Now were talking 5 or 6 guys from kansas or mo. would be great on the way up. That would keep MKO and I from gettin tired of each other. (just kiddin mike) However if time allows this year I would like to meet up with the nioraroba( or however the hell you spell it) group for a steak dinner and the ride in. Just throwin it out there. Stan
This is a 2 day ride from Kansas isnt it?? so would you all be leaving on Wed sometime and returning sometime that monday?

Phil
Acutally Phil, MKO lives in the wichita area, He and I left early sunday morning and I believe he should have gotten home around 6/7 pm. So 1 day depending on where in Kansas. I live in Glasco KS and it's 584 to custer from my house. But if I,m going thru niobrara it's 261 from my house and 380 from niobrara to custer. Just for a reference I'm exactly 500 miles north of dallas. Also I"ll add this, the wife and I have a small cafe in town. It does a great breakfast, maybe if there is enough interest we would BUY everyone breakfest here and then ride to niobrara for dinner that evening. if enough people are interested I'll make a seperate post in the CFO pinned section. I know this would be somewhat out of the way for the wi/il/mn, guys but mo/ks/tx/ok, would be on the way, but anyone would be invited!!! Let me know. Stan

I am tentatively planning on attending this again. I had a great time last year. It is a bit early for me to nail down all my travel plans right now. Work and family obligations some times can get in the way. This year I am going to look for a little shorter route to get there as the one I took last year was the long way. Can one get to the Black Hills via Minneapolis to Kansas?

My butt is still sore!

Bill

GREAT! It appears that a lot of the CFO 2007 attendees will be back. There's a lot going on behind the scenes already; it's going to be even better in 2008.

I am tentatively planning on attending this again. I had a great time last year. It is a bit early for me to nail down all my travel plans right now. Work and family obligations some times can get in the way. This year I am going to look for a little shorter route to get there as the one I took last year was the long way. Can one get to the Black Hills via Minneapolis to Kansas?My butt is still sore!

Bill
Piece o' Cake! Minneapolis is only about 30 miles from Glasco, right Stan? ;)

I am tentatively planning on attending this again. I had a great time last year. It is a bit early for me to nail down all my travel plans right now. Work and family obligations some times can get in the way. This year I am going to look for a little shorter route to get there as the one I took last year was the long way. Can one get to the Black Hills via Minneapolis to Kansas?My butt is still sore!

Bill
Yes Bill, one can and it's a hell of a lot shorter than going thru cali. Not to mention we would love to have stop here. Stan

Bill
Piece o' Cake! Minneapolis is only about 30 miles from Glasco, right Stan? ;)
:D Yes the TOWN of MINNEAPOLIS is only 30 miles from Glasco, That was very observant of you 4KLESS, You guys would all be more than welcome just let me know ahead of time, Stan

That's the hard thing about timing events like this. There is always something else going on someplace. Not everyone is going to be happy with the event.

Phil

Acutally Phil, MKO lives in the wichita area, He and I left early sunday morning and I believe he should have gotten home around 6/7 pm. So 1 day depending on where in Kansas. I live in Glasco KS and it's 584 to custer from my house. Stan

We did the return trip in one day. I covered the 730 back to Wichita in 11.5 hours. On the way up, I left after work on Wednesday, picked up Stan in Glasco and headed across the NE border before calling it quits. I had about 300 miles on the clock that night and 430 the next day to Custer. I wouldn't mind doing something similar this year, but I'm trying to figure out how to take Stan up on his breakfast offer.

New guy here. Ponderring the CFO. Took the fam out to the area last fall in th SUV. Loved the area once we arrived, but the drive from the Twin Cities to Rapid City was the equivlent of watching paint dry. :boredom: Also..don't really know anyone here yet. Any one willing to split the a room with an average joe ? Or meeting up, and riding out together?

New guy here. Ponderring the CFO. Took the fam out to the area last fall in th SUV. Loved the area once we arrived, but the drive from the Twin Cities to Rapid City was the equivlent of watching paint dry. :boredom: Also..don't really know anyone here yet. Any one willing to split the a room with an average joe ? Or meeting up, and riding out together?
Well quit pondering and make reservations! The Black Hills in September rock, cooler temps, less tourists equals more fun. I promise you won't regret it.

Paint dry huh? You must not have stopped at the Corn Palace :rolleyes: I'll bet you also crossed on a road that starts with an I and ends with 90. Try 12 or 212 or 14 or anything other than the interslab.

I just got my vacation squared away for CFO I've got the whole week off so I'm heading out early :yahoo:

Ponder no more, I went last year it's fantastic that time of year and not much for tourists then either. I'm in the Sioux Falls,Sd area and you could catch up with me here and on to meet a group in Niobrara Ne. Lot's of fun in a group, I agree not much between the cities and there. rickcorwn was there last year, let's put a plan togethere if we can.

Well quit pondering and make reservations! The Black Hills in September rock, cooler temps, less tourists equals more fun. I promise you won't regret it.

Paint dry huh? You must not have stopped at the Corn Palace :rolleyes: I'll bet you also crossed on a road that starts with an I and ends with 90. Try 12 or 212 or 14 or anything other than the interslab.

I just got my vacation squared away for CFO I've got the whole week off so I'm heading out early :yahoo:
No corn palace for us. My parents informed me it wasn't much to see, and they get a kick out of some pretty lame stuff.

With 2 kid's in the car.......The I-90 was the only route I considered, if you know what I mean.

Best part's of the trip were Custer state park, Needle's highway, and of course that stone carving thing.

Ponder no more, I went last year it's fantastic that time of year and not much for tourists then either. I'm in the Sioux Falls,Sd area and you could catch up with me here and on to meet a group in Niobrara Ne. Lot's of fun in a group, I agree not much between the cities and there. rickcorwn was there last year, let's put a plan togethere if we can.
I'm just about convinced. I'll check on vacation time and go from there. Would be great to meet up if the timing works out. Any idea when you'll be setting out? I currently have Fri-Sun off from work(4-day work week), probably take the Thurs off for sure.

I always thought Niobrara was some where in Africa. Turn's out it's in the exotic state of Nebraska. :lol2:

I always thought Niobrara was some where in Africa. Turn's out it's in the exotic state of Nebraska. :lol2:
now *that's* just funny right there.

I'd consider cruising up to Sioux Falls if the Niobrara meet-up doesn't happen. rick's gonna go early (or is he really just going to spend 3 days around Niobrara drinking Fat Tire at THE saloon??)

Registration page coming soon.... I promise. :)