2008 CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reservations made, Im gonna puss out and trailer the bike up with the wife, she doesnt go for 600 mile rides... See you all there and look forward to meeting you!!
Everybody is welcome, even those with trailers, Harleys, or Triumphs (you know who you are :yahoo: )

I unfortunately have to back out of the CFO this year. I'm having Russel do my seat, and have a production date of 9/5, thus my seat probably won't be back to MN on time. I'd postpone the Russel, but I am riding to my bro's in Charlotte, NC the first part of October, and definately need the extra comfort of the new seat.

I don't know what the room availabillity situation is, but I have a room reserved for 1 person for Thurs, Fri, Sat nights. If rooms are scarce there, and you are in need of one, p.m. me asap so we can switch the room to your name, otherwise I'll just cancel my reservation next weekend.

Was looking forward to meeting other FJR riders, but hopefully I can do it next year.

Mike

I unfortunately have to back out of the CFO this year. I'm having Russel do my seat, and have a production date of 9/5, thus my seat probably won't be back to MN on time. I'd postpone the Russel, but I am riding to my bro's in Charlotte, NC the first part of October, and definately need the extra comfort of the new seat.
I don't know what the room availabillity situation is, but I have a room reserved for 1 person for Thurs, Fri, Sat nights. If rooms are scarce there, and you are in need of one, p.m. me asap so we can switch the room to your name, otherwise I'll just cancel my reservation next weekend.

Was looking forward to meeting other FJR riders, but hopefully I can do it next year.

Mike
If your seat is there by the 5th, they are very quick about getting it done and shipped back. I think mine was only gone for a few days. If you pay extra, they will overnight it. :) *HINT*

Mike
If your seat is there by the 5th, they are very quick about getting it done and shipped back. I think mine was only gone for a few days. If you pay extra, they will overnight it. :) *HINT*
Good news that they are typically quik! I paid for the 3-day shipping, but it's still a gamble. Have to cancel before 14 days previous, or I'd get charged for the room.

TCMike

If you would like, I have an extra seat that you can use while yours is gone. That is if you're concerned about having a seat for the ride. I was on my stock seat last year for CFO and was fine. I do find my Russel more comfortable, but if the whole issue is not having a seat I can help you if you want.

devanator

TCMike
If you would like, I have an extra seat that you can use while yours is gone. That is if you're concerned about having a seat for the ride. I was on my stock seat last year for CFO and was fine. I do find my Russel more comfortable, but if the whole issue is not having a seat I can help you if you want.

devanator
Thanks for the offer, but it is about comfort also. I can ride all day now, but have to take numerous stretching breaks to relieve the pressure where my spine meets my arse. Hoping the Russel helps with that.

Wow, is this typical for me. Nearing the 11th hour and still trying to make up my mind.

Things are looking better. I just found I don't really have to be at work during the week of the CFO. Originally it looked like I would have to be in Northern Utah. I was trying to figure out how to ride out there and hit CFO on the way back. Trying to see if my wife would like to ride along. She does have a ST1300 but has never ridden that far. We'll see. That would boost the group up to yet another kind of bike.

I may be a last minute atttendee like last year, but I am aiming for better this year. We need to make sure that Minnesota is well represented!

Looking forward to seeing you people again. had a nice time last year. Now, I hope the same person is in charge of the weather. As long as they were extremely reprimanded for the wind out there and back, it should be ok. Hey Devanator, is your son coming out again?

paul from Minnesota

Hey Devanator, is your son coming out again?

Paul

No he isn't. But my daughter is considering coming along instead. She is 10 years old. A little younger than Devan. But she thought she would like to go to the top of mount Rushmore. We are still working out the details. If she comes along, she will have to stay with our friends out there while I'm on the ss1000. We'll see how it plays out.

devanator

Hey Guys, I will not make it this year. All along I thought it was closer to the end of the month. I'm not happy about this. I hope you guys all have great weather and be SAFE out there. Enjoy yourself and drink one for me. STAN