2008 differences?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noob

Reaction score
Hey all you feejers ;)

I'm looking at an 07, but am a little hesitant regards the changes the 08's have. I know there's some throttle changes, some abs changes and the windshield brackets have been changed...

Would luv to hear thoughts from ya'll about these and any other diffs, and what they mean. I know I know, not wanting to start any kindof arguements of course! Really. But if anyone has any un biased info I'd really appreciate it.

Thnx!!

The only real difference is the 08's are butt ugly Black, while the 07's are a Sweet Black Cherry! There is no throttle problem with my 07, other then " I can't drive 55"

:)

A couple of great changes for '08, IIRC tranny (internal) shifting setup is also different.LINK

For some reason the attaching plate for the Top Box is different, it is on backorder. I am getting ready to post and inquire to see if anyone has installed the Yamaha box yet. I kinda like my UGLY metallic black. It really shines in the sun, ofcourse I could have saved a little money getting the plum, Im sorry black cherry! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
:)
A couple of great changes for '08, IIRC tranny (internal) shifting setup is also different.LINK

For some reason the attaching plate for the Top Box is different, it is on backorder. I am getting ready to post and inquire to see if anyone has installed the Yamaha box yet. I kinda like my UGLY metallic black. It really shines in the sun, ofcourse I could have saved a little money getting the plum, Im sorry black cherry! lol
I just got my top box, been on order since mid-December. Apparently the redesign took longer

than expected. Seems fine to me.

The backrest for the older top boxes do not fit the new box.

Hey all you feejers ;) I'm looking at an 07, but am a little hesitant regards the changes the 08's have. I know there's some throttle changes, some abs changes and the windshield brackets have been changed...

Would luv to hear thoughts from ya'll about these and any other diffs, and what they mean. I know I know, not wanting to start any kindof arguements of course! Really. But if anyone has any un biased info I'd really appreciate it.

Thnx!!
1) The throttle is easy to remedy via the aftermarket (Use Google...G-2 throttle tube.

Around $50 and the time to change it.

2) The upgraded ABS would probably be hard to "feel" in everyday riding.

3) Windshield brackets may have been changed, but the same windshield fits all NewGen FJRs.

If you can get a great deal on an '07, I wouldn't let the new-model changes keep me from buying one.

1) The throttle is easy to remedy via the aftermarket (Use Google...G-2 throttle tube.Around $50 and the time to change it.

2) The upgraded ABS would probably be hard to "feel" in everyday riding.

3) Windshield brackets may have been changed, but the same windshield fits all NewGen FJRs.

If you can get a great deal on an '07, I wouldn't let the new-model changes keep me from buying one.
+1 If I had the two sitting side by side and knew what you know now, I would save the $$ in a heartbeat even though I drooled over the black 08 :dribble: . As MM2 said, all the differences that would really affect you can be remedied by the (free)ecu replacement and a g2 but I would add a PCIII---but that's me. Anyway a grand total of 350.00 or less.

And the black cherry is not plum or purple, you've been conspiring with my wife :lol: