2008 FJR1300 - Dear Yamaha, this is what we want.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Pez dispensers built into the fairing side panels? These could hold Rolaids, metamucil tablets, zanax, vicodin, you name it. A pill for whatever ails the old farts who ride this thing, then they'll be too doped up to bitch about the suspension or transmission, or anything else! :blink: :lol:

On a more serious note, I'd be plenty happy to have a power outlet or two and enough juice to run them without killing the battery. Tire pressure monitors might be nice too, but I don't see it as a need, just a want. I'd prefer to stay 5 speed on the gearbox, in fact I'd prefer a reduction to 4 gears instead of an increase to 6. More color choices would be nice, even though I like the colors they've been offering.

Standard cruise control and a few manly color choices.Get rid of the horrid speedo and go back to the legible one.
I've come to the FJR after riding a few bikes 1 a Suzuki SV650S and my old eyes did like the BIG DIGITAL SPEEDO on that bike. The other was my Gold Wing an older Gl1500 now, but standard cruise for touring.

I'd like to see a fly by wire TPS throttle and an ECM controlled (non-vacuum) cruise on this bike.

Honestly, that power outlet INSIDE the glove box, any 06/07 owners saying WTF!

Since it is already there, just move it outside with a weather cap and have enough power to personalize your bike.

Or do you prefer to run wires into the glove box?

Last edited by a moderator:
Taller windsheild, fatter grips, less throttle spring pull, no cam on the throttle setup, heated grips, cruise control, gps, sat. radio, radar detector, cb, volt meter, bigger numbers on the speedo dial, bigger blinker indicators, wireless tire pressure indicators, self repairing Avon tires, louder horn, fork brace, wilbers suspension front and rear, Russel seating, front and rear back rest, axul. rear fuel tank, (IBA Spec.), hydration canister and swivel bite valve, choice of cast alum. luggage rack, high power aux. running lights, sea fuse block, alum. dash for farkles, windshield on/off detac. switch, spot mirrors, hand guards, side case cover, highway pegs, extended drop pegs front and rear, 3 aux. power plugs, front and rear, fused, slidders, and auto deploy kickstand with self-locking device, and pullback adjustable handlebars......did I miss anything? PM. <>< :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think about 100 watt stronger alternator,criuse control , better ajustable handle bars ,

better seats, better adjustable suspension ,lighter clutch, better hand grips ,HID lights standard.

Funny most of these things are available after market.

Maybe Yamaha should look at buying a bike from someone that has it set up right take it to the factory and copy the changes ,na that would be to easy. :p :p

How bout some self cancelling turn signals.

Like the ones you put on my 1985 Fj1100.

Taller windsheild, fatter grips, less throttle spring pull, no cam on the throttle setup, heated grips, cruise control, gps, sat. radio, radar detector, cb, volt meter, bigger numbers on the speedo dial, bigger blinker indicators, wireless tire pressure indicators, self repairing Avon tires, louder horn, fork brace, wilbers suspension front and rear, Russel seating, front and rear back rest, axul. rear fuel tank, (IBA Spec.), hydration canister and swivel bite valve, choice of cast alum. luggage rack, high power aux. running lights, sea fuse block, alum. dash for farkles, windshield on/off detac. switch, spot mirrors, hand guards, side case cover, highway pegs, extended drop pegs front and rear, 3 aux. power plugs, front and rear, fused, slidders, and auto deploy kickstand with self-locking device, and pullback adjustable handlebars......did I miss anything? PM. <>< :wacko:
Electric reverse via starter motor.

I would like to see: A six speed transmission
Why?
Well, if we really were going to get significant changes for '08-- which we are NOT-- I would like the bike to have a six speed.

As it is, the FJR has likely been eclipsed by the Kaw C14... which I *might* move to, but more likely is that I've relearned my lesson about J-bikes and will next buy another Euro model. There's just something about the FJR that really keeps me from liking the bike. Other than the lack of a sixth gear and 650 pounds, there is nothing I can point to and say that I don't like. I cannot put my finger on it, but every J-bike I've owned has been mostly reliable (blown transmissions and cam chain adjusters in Hondas excepted).... but unlovable.

Optional gearing ratios either gen I or gen II buyers choice.

Optional linked or nonlinked brakes (as I prefer nonlinked brakes for my style of riding this may force a change to brand "K" Concours 14 for my next bike)

Optional ABS

A pilot :dribble: :glare: piss tube

:rolleyes:

How about a better ECM map or make it adjustable, or if it is now adjustable, tell us how to modify the settings!

Hey Skoot, don't think many folks here are going to get the Spinal Tap reference...
Well I did.
+1

Changes:

Increase alternator output (again): 750 watts. If that means a redesign to a "dry" alternator, so be it.

Factory Cruise
+ 2

SpinalTap_Edith_503.jpg

Changes:

Bulkhead fitting preinstalled for Aux tank connectivity

Fuse block preinstalled for electrical addons

Blaster horns

Hottie babe to wash it after a hard ride, the bike would need washed after a hard ride too.

Ummm, I think cruise control and room under the fairing for farkle control devices.

Bigger windshield, Grease on the driveshaft, stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.