• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 FJR1300AE - 4490 miles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABQFJR

Reaction score
IMG_1084.JPG

Well, the time has come to sell my FJR. This bike is extremely clean and has been well taken care of by a very meticulous person (me).

I am the second owner. I bought the bike with 1400 miles on it in January of 2012. Extras include Manic Salamander pounders bar end weights (you get the OEM ones, too), 1-inch handlebar risers, 3M protective film on the headlights, tank, and side panels, and TechSpec Snakeskin tank grip pads. The OEM grip heaters have been replaced with Symtec grip heaters, so that I could change out grips at will. Currently installed are Progrip 714 grips. I have several other grips that I will let go with the bike, also. I'll also give you the OEM heated grips if you want to reinstall them. I wired the Symtecs with quick-disconnects so reconnecting the OEM grips will be a snap.

I also upgraded the driver and passenger footpegs with vibration-absorbing Gen III versions. The bike includes the stock windshield, which has a couple scratches on it, and also the Yamaha touring shield which is in perfect condition. Tires have plenty of tread left. I've recently performed a TBS and changed the engine oil with Mobil1 Racing 4T. Front brake fluid is new as of yesterday, and the rear brake fluid was changed about a year ago. I've included pictures showing the very few, very small unavoidable cosmetic flaws to the paint... just a couple spots where it's been rubbed. There is also a hole in the top left panel near the glovebox, which I drilled for a headlight modulator sensor. You can see this in the final picture. I have placed a rubber grommet in the hole. This panel can be replaced for 15 bucks.

This bike runs perfectly and needs absolutely nothing, except a new, loving home with someone who will (hopefully) ride it more than I have!

I'm located in Albuquerque, NM and would prefer a local deal. However, if you want to fly-and-ride, that's cool, but you'll have to arrange your own accommodations. I can also work with you if you want to have the bike shipped.

I'm asking $8200 $7900. Title is free, clear, and in hand.

IMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1097.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Mihalis! I think I'm going to need it...

Two other things I forgot to mention: I have never dropped the bike, and it is a garage queen... never kept outdoors.

And how could I forget? The bike also includes the hard bags with liners. The right side bag has a couple digs in the paint at the bottom edge of the lid where I backed into a trashcan trying to park up close to the entrance of my work (DOH!).

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG