• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 Rear Rim wanted

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aroostook

Reaction score
We are in a jam....CJ needs a rear rim and at this point is willing to buy your rim and tire and will replace with a new one. We are currently in Lynchburg VA...thanks 978-870-4104

Is needing an 08 rim or higher because of mechanical fit or JUST to have the ABS working? Short version, if the rim will physically fit and splines of the drive shaft align and the damn tire will turn, would that still work if I were able to get a hold of an 07 rim? With, of course, the understanding that CJ may only have front braking capability.

I don't know. I am sure axle and splines will fit. The question is do the seals and spacers fit?

And even if the ABS functionality is gone, there will be use of BOTH front and rear brakes. There just won't be any anti-lock function at either end. No bid deal as long as rider is aware. Basically just riding a non-abs bike.

Last edited by a moderator: