2010 Connie gear box rocks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk000

Reaction score
Test drove the 2010 Concours at the Dallas Motorcycle show.

The Connie's gear box was rockin'! snick, snick, snick, short throws and a 6th gear! Not enough to make we want to trade the fjr but I did really like the revised concours.

Couldn't get on the throttle any but the engine reminded me alot of the FJR. The relocated mirror are better but still not as good as the high mounted mirrors on the FJR. Also, I didn't like the brakes as much the FJRs. The demo bike only had 350+/- miles on it so the brakes might get better but they didn't feel very linear. In other words, while applying the brakes on the connie its like nothing, too light, too light, too hard, very hard. There was no progression on braking feel. I also didn't think the the linked brakes were as well sorted as they are on the FJR.

Never riden one so don't know about the gear box or brakes, but sure would like to have the slipper clutch in the FJR.

Yebbut how about when you get 10K-15K on the motor, and those tiny little passages in the valve train that run the VVT clog up? I was at the local Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer and a couple of the shop mechanics were going "holy cow, those are tiny... I think I know how my kids are getting through college!"

By the time my FJR's long in the tooth, the tech should be sorted, but I'd wait a year or so then look at the Connie-14 forum FAQ :)

You want snick, snick,snick? Put on a R1 shifter arm. @ $43. and five minutes work..

You want snick, snick,snick? Put on a R1 shifter arm. @ $43. and five minutes work..
And why would this make a difference? I am not sure if #13 for 2008 model is what you are reffering to?

https://www.yamahapartshouse.net/pages/part...d/2/Yamaha.aspx
-the part is called a shift arm-#16 on the '08 FJR fiche..The shift arm on a R1 is shorter and reduces the lenght of the shift throw. Lots of info somewhere on this forum. I used the arm off a '01 R1, put it on with the heim joint out same as the stock one..shifts are noticeably quicker.

Sorry-now back to original topic!

Latest posts