2010 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cptngym

Reaction score
Just a question...has Yamaha fixed any of the Gen II issues on the newest model? Still waiting on my 2006 to get thru the Spider issue and wondering if I should trade up to get past all this crap?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not been in touch enough to know what your talking about I just ride the black 08 bitch but no prob's

Who knows? 2010s haven't been out long enough to know.

There is nothing to suggest they have fixed anything, i.e. no different part numbers.

Other than that, you say 'issues'. What other 'issues' are you alluding to? All other Gen II 'issues' that I know of (besides ground spider blocks) have been addressed and fixed.

If you want reliability........................

Get a Gen I FJR.

If you're in the market for a new bike then trade up to a '10. The vast majority of GEN II FJR's do not exhibit any of the *issues* that are blown out of proportion here... When / If I get the urge, my '06 will get the boot for a low mileage '10.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're in the market for a new bike then trade up to a '10. The vast majority of GEN II FJR's do not exhibit any of the *issues* that are blown out of proportion here... When / If I get the urge, my '06 will get the boot for a low mileage '10.
--G

"Blown out of proportion" :dribble: :blink: :dribble:

You aren't serious, are you?

9,300 bikes under the ignition switch recall.

6,300 bikes under the "altitude fix" recall.

1,600 bikes under the "17 MPG Readout" recall.

Lord knows how many "Spider Bites" there have been. No official recall notice...YET...so no firm number from the mother-ship.

Yeah, that sounds like it's been "blown out of proportion" to me.

boy-eating-popcorn_~px268024.jpg

Here we go again.....
I havent had any trouble with my 2008 whatsoever.
Same here, 2008 26K miles not one issue.

Now if you want issues let talk about my current BMW K1200LT or the string of BMW's I've owned before this one. :eek: I've had a love hate relationship with all of them. Now the FJR is pure love baby! So what if it has a few annoyances, fix it and ride on. Why Whine?

Having owned a Gen I ('05) and a Gen II ('08) I am definitely happier with the Gen II. The improvements were well worth making the change to the later model.

--G

"Blown out of proportion" :dribble: :blink: :dribble:

You aren't serious, are you?

9,300 bikes under the ignition switch recall.

6,300 bikes under the "altitude fix" recall.

1,600 bikes under the "17 MPG Readout" recall.

Lord knows how many "Spider Bites" there have been. No official recall notice...YET...so no firm number from the mother-ship.

Yeah, that sounds like it's been "blown out of proportion" to me.
That is all of what I am talking about. Just got off the phone with the dealer and the have it in pieces looking for the ground spider issue. I have done all of the recalls etc. and I really like the bike but as the first year of Gen II....was wondering if wouldbe a good move to get the most current model and possibly avoid any more issues. Hell I just want to ride like everyone else. Summer time here in Illinois and not riding...sucks our season is too short to be sitting in the shop. :angry: He tells me they have just been checking every conection one by one. No melted ones have been found yet and they are working under the tank now.

Okay, I have to ask.....what this Spider Issue? I've not heard of such an animal? I thought I was staying up on things, but apparently not. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. What's going on?

04:29 PM' post='755294']
Okay, I have to ask.....what this Spider Issue? I've not heard of such an animal? I thought I was staying up on things, but apparently not. I did a quick search and didn't see anything. What's going on?
spider site:fjrforum.com

04:29 PM' post='755296']
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=126635&hl=

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...=128067&hl=

google search "spider site:fjrforum.com"

google is your friend ?????? site:fjrforum.com
hay troph...was it good for you ????

Latest posts