2010 Yamaha FJR Intro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "A" pops up as a color that looks like "Champagne" now....

Edit: And as a 2010 model! Not red, but real sweet looking!

Edit: It says "Liquid Silver". The Gen III '03!

The AE is still showing as an '09...

Last edited by a moderator:
NO WAY!!!!!! :assassin:

Silver.....are YOU Kidding me???!!!! That's just mean!

"Silver3" with a clutch lever in the left side and 3/4 view. Technical details look the same.....except it says, "6 Speed with Manual Clutch"!

Psych. :rolleyes:

Looks like 2010 is the same as 2009 and 2008 with about the 2003 color if "Liquid Silver" or 2004 if "Cerulean Silver". What is new is old....what is old is new.

What a major effin' disappointment. <_<

Just makes me more motivated to get Silver Streak back up and fightin'.

Paint on the 2010 FJR....

10SPBK_FJR1300A_Sil_A1_195_5296f0ff.jpg

I'm in major denial..................I keep going back to the Website to see if anything has changed :angry:

I don't have great color vision, but that right there is Cerulean Silver. The bluish highlights give it away. Maybe that IS the 2010 color and Yammie simply changed the name of the color to make it more "mainstream"????

I'm in major denial..................I keep going back to the Website to see if anything has changed :angry:
There shouldn't be any surprise on this point.

Sport-touring isn't their core business that's been as profitable as cruisers and they're slashing in what has been a difficult economy. Maybe we're lucky they're continuing the FJR line? I personally think it was on the bubble, but going another year with just a color change buys another year....and if the economy turns around there very well could be a Gen 3 in 2011....which would be the typical schedule.

Meanwhile, there will be 2009 and even 2008's available at reduced prices that one could paint the sucker red and still get it cheaper than the '07 and earlier folks paid for their bikes.

The local dealer said the other day that the rumor was they were discontinuing the fjr, so at least that's not happenin!

What a major effin' disappointment. <_<
I have come to expect major disappointment with the new models. Haven't you been around a while? They must think it's finally perfect, and a color change looks like the only thing different for '10....

I don't have great color vision, but that right there is Cerulean Silver. The bluish highlights give it away. Maybe that IS the 2010 color and Yammie simply changed the name of the color to make it more "mainstream"????
Looks more like this color to me, which is officially called Champagne (Desert Metallic):

DSC01449.jpg

What damned color is it?