2013 FJR - Product announced!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, yeah... the new FJR s gonna be all that and a bag of chips. But until we have more factual freaking details then all of this is all just a bunch of old FJR farts mentally masturbating over what they hope the bike is going to be.

"Will it have a 12 gigawatt generator?"

"Will all of my old farkles still fit on this one?"

"How much taller is the top gearing? Or is it even any taller?"

"What color gray is it ?"

:blink:

There really hasn't been any new NEWS since the first page or two. So, I guess we could just let this thread sit around stagnating until King Richard gets his first in the nation 2013 FJR1300A complete with everythingAnyoneCouldEverWantInAnFJR. And BTW, I hear that the gray will be a special shade of Bass Bote Gray. :p

So I guess Richard is gonna be the test platform...will be the first to know if it will have enough power to support lights, heated gear, cigar lighter, and GoldWing external sound system including a 6ft woofer for his 8-tracks of The Who.

So I guess Richard is gonna be the test platform...will be the first to know if it will have enough power to support lights, heated gear, cigar lighter, and GoldWing external sound system including a 6ft woofer for his 8-tracks of The Who.
Somehow, "Teenage Wasteland" isn't such an appropriate lyric anymore... :huh:

Oh wait! We're supposed to keep this on topic.

Ummm.... The 2013 FJR1300 will have wheels. Two of 'em. 17"ers if I'm not mistaken. Yeah, yeah that's the ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Gen II windshields fit the Gen III, probably seal the deal for some guys. Doesn't look like it will though.

No way. Check out the below photo. (I love this photo)

img.jpg

So, some other few baubles I don't know if have been pointed out:

- They switched the passenger pegs bracket again.

- The peg feelers are different. More of a sport bike design.

- Where are all the fairing fasteners?

- Optional funky 'sliders' like the ST1300?

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-EU-Magnetic-Bronze-AkrapovicStreetLegalDetail-005.jpg

- The peg feelers are different. More of a sport bike design.

2013-Yamaha-FJR1300A-EU-Magnetic-Bronze-AkrapovicStreetLegalDetail-005.jpg
Even orientation of the foot peg material appears 90 degrees different than previous bikes.

I think we're all seeing lots and lots of little things changed. And, added to few big things we saw--this definitely is a significantly different bike.

First in the nation because i am only 5 miles from the port of LA or because i ordered it 2 hours after the announcement?

we shall see....

R

My dealers rep said that the tranny is new (upgraded) on the 13 when asked about the taller 5th. Looks like I'm In!

after looking at that picture Greg i am not sure if my Pazzaro's will fit........All so did u notice how big that A panel is....

R

I like it, but I'm going to have to wait a few years for them to change color. No way would I buy a gray bike. I have enough trouble with people pulling out in front of me as it is. The last thing I need is a bike in a color that fades right into the asphalt!

I like it, but I'm going to have to wait a few years for them to change color. No way would I buy a gray bike. I have enough trouble with people pulling out in front of me as it is. The last thing I need is a bike in a color that fades right into the asphalt!
What difference does the color make to someone who pulls out in front of you since they ignore the two FUCKING BRIGHT HEADLIGHTS shining in their eyes anyway????

What difference does the color make to someone who pulls out in front of you since they ignore the two FUCKING BRIGHT HEADLIGHTS shining in their eyes anyway????
As a long time rider of bright Yellow motorcycles, I have to agree....it doesn't seem to matter much.

Besides, from the history of the FJR, has Yamaha ever used a color in the US that is bright and stands out?

Ya know its been my experience that the color of your helmet, jacket & brightness of headlamps are seen well before the color of the bike! I have read that a WHITE helmet is the best with regards to safety! Just my .02

+1, Gunny; the Manatee Molester is absolutely correct that your motorcycle color does not make the slightest bit of difference to someone who pulls out in front of you, I have been riding on the street for almost 50 years including a stint with a white Harley Sportster XLH and color has never made a fecking bit of difference to those cage driving assholes.