2013 SE Ohio Spring Ramble - Ride Groups

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, you'll pay, my friend, you'll pay... Especially if there's a Mexican cantina next to the hotel...

Well...Griff, Marty, and Wayne conspired to get me and the bike all back together...so I'm back IN!
punk.gif
Marty came over yesterday, Griff came over tonight with his tools and it got done. Wayne even was able to offer to split a room with me after I gave up mine when all seemed hopeless.
weirdsmiley.gif

We'll see...anyways, I'm heading out Friday morning.
smile.png

Hey extreme, There's a great little Mexican Restaurant in downtown Marietta, 5 min. From the hotel, there's also a ton of good restaurant within a 2 mile radius of the hotel also. A personal favorite of the locals is a place called the boathouse right on the river the food is pretty good too. That's if anyone is interested!!!!

It's not the beers I'm worried about...The $$ total for Marty's milkshakes could really add up!!
help.gif
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

Oh, you'll pay, my friend, you'll pay... Especially if there's a Mexican cantina next to the hotel...

Well...Griff, Marty, and Wayne conspired to get me and the bike all back together...so I'm back IN!
punk.gif
Marty came over yesterday, Griff came over tonight with his tools and it got done. Wayne even was able to offer to split a room with me after I gave up mine when all seemed hopeless.
weirdsmiley.gif

smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be glad it's not the 80's when my habit kept me skinny... That was expensive.

It's not the beers I'm worried about...The $$ total for Marty's milkshakes could really add up!!
help.gif
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

punk.gif
weirdsmiley.gif

smile.png

help.gif
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

punk.gif
weirdsmiley.gif

smile.png
Glad yer back in Mark...see ya Friday

I'm planning to follow somebody on the western route Saturday, as I'll be leaving Sunday a.m. and will catch some of the eastern route while sorta pointing towards PA/Niagara (will likely overnight in PA). No harm in splitting it up if some wanted to do east on Saturday, jes sayin'.

punk.gif
weirdsmiley.gif

I'm almost emotional...the way guys behind the scenes offered help. Someone offered to come up from INDY (200+ miles one way) during an off work day to get 'er done. Marty came by yesterday while out making his millions to help get er done...But I would have none of it...I was convinced that I was cooked. Someone from Ohio even offered to lend me a bike if I could fly there.

When I was down...friends from this forum offered assistance. Griff finally said that he was gonna bring his tools, even if it meant tapping out some new threads for a connection. So I gave in...and he had it solved and stayed till it all got buttoned up.

THANKS GUYS. You all rock.

Now...once the battery got put in...the bike fired up...first time since October. And I admit, the bike has never sounded so bad...but I'm hoping it just needs some fierce neck wringing to blast off some shellac that the gas stabilizer didn't stabilize.

smile.png
Kudos to the guys... if you were within spittin' distance you might have had a few more of us over there. And don't be getting all emotional on us, I hate to see a grown man cry...... oh wait, you aren't grown yet.... well, OK then, let's move on and get your ass over to Marietta. Bringing one of those little Cuban things for ya.

Well good for those guys to come to your rescue. Glad you are going to make it Mark. Don't know about my brother , though. His situation hasn't improved as of this morning. He is still on the fence, but I think that is only by shear desire to want to make the trip. I think him coming here tomorrow is definitely out. Maybe he will be able to meet us in Elkins Thursday. I hope. It would really suck if he can't make it. In that event I do have the routes downloaded to my Garmin, so I can lead a group. I am voting for the west loop for Saturday.

Darn, looks like I am out for this weekend. Grandpa is in the hospital and not doing well.

I will be on the opposite side of the state where the roads are really flat and boring.

Alive & kickin. Thought about bringing the super motard but I'm riding the fjr. Didn't want to stand out in the crowd.
rolleyes.gif

If you don't mind me tagging along with you and Joe then I'm in for the west loop on Saturday...
No problem Ken, but it isn't definite yet. Still waiting on a status report from my brother this morning. If I do lead a group I will have a GPS this time instead of a sheet of paper with route numbers on top of my tank bag! (if you remember I only missed two turns with that method!)

If you don't mind me tagging along with you and Joe then I'm in for the west loop on Saturday...
No problem Ken, but it isn't definite yet. Still waiting on a status report from my brother this morning. If I do lead a group I will have a GPS this time instead of a sheet of paper with route numbers on top of my tank bag! (if you remember I only missed two turns with that method!)
Ken wasn't there to remember...