• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2013 Yamaha Bolt on Ebay

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I just would buy a Sportster. Cant see the appeal of a v twin like this when a Sporty is all that and more.

Well I'll go there... As someone who is paid to ride a brand new road king every day I can tell you I'd NEVER want one of my own in the stable... I truly do not understand the whole Harley thing.

The Bolt is a pretty nice bike. If that is the type of bike you are interested in. Most here probably are not in the market for that type of bike. It compares very well to it's primary competition, the 883 Sportster and the Honda Shadow.

I've put more than a few miles on the Bolt. And a few back to back with the 883 Sportster. Going from one to the other it's a VERY easy call as to which one is better.

Low price. Strong motor for the class. Low seat height. Bobber styling. Yamaha believes they wil have a huge hit with the Bolt. Time will tell.

My new job, promoting the Bolt:

Yeah, life is rough.

Congratulations on your new job SkooterG.

If your schedule allows it would be good to see You and your Bolts in the Nashville area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a couple of people who would like the Bolt. I'll have to see one in person one of these days.

I especially like how safety gear is optional.
punk.gif

Got to sit on a Bolt yesterday, not drive but sit. I like it. I want a new bike for my girl and would do this in a minuet but I want liquid cooled. She is 5' 4" and 120 pounds so weight is a big issue. She has driven a 650 Thumper Suzuki Savage for 8 years. I just cant go any distance with her as I don't have the patience to drive that slow and you need to slab to get anywhere and that thumper is running hard at 65-70 for hours on end, just cant do it to her or the bike.

I love the bike but just do not want an air cooled bike for her and it may be a bit heavy for her. However gonna drag her in and make her sit it to see if she can handle it. I mean 540 pounds is not to bad and I guess the air cooled has been around a bunch. Maybe an oil cooler tapped in will make me fret less?