2014 Unofficial DamTour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blufjr

blufjr
Reaction score
The dam commitee has determined the 2014 U.DT DAMS.

If you are interested in Grand Tour events, you might want to look into doing the Unofficial DamTour. It is just like the official DamTour, except you don't have to pay to enter. Looking for places to ride? We have more than 20 that will take you places you have never been, or you will experiece the roads you know in a different way. Being a self guided tour, you are the boss of your rides. You make up the schedule and the routes. No one to blame for not getting it right (or wrong). Best of all, you don't have to do them all, and you can do more if you like the expierence and just want to explore. Long distance riders find this fun and a good warm up for their competative events while the rest of us just like to ride and experience life in a new way every day.

With the GPS locations noted, it is very hard to get it wrong. The old saying stands "20 Dam good places to ride" by Steve Folkstad.

Check it out. There should be a RTE in a month or so, come and discuss the possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there going to be a location to post the photos other than Facebook? I know last year there was another location, like a drop box, where the folks were posting.

I say this because I was going to try this out last year but opted for rotator cuff surgery:(

I would like to add this to the list this year (in fact, I've been waiting for it), but I refuse to do the Facebook thing.

Thanks!

-Brian

I have to agree with Brian. I would opt for surgery over Facebook anyday. Maybe one could post

RTE info and any other pertinent info on the Damtour website? Just a thought.

Its nice to see DT lives on.

-phil

I have to agree with Brian. I would opt for surgery over Facebook anyday. Maybe one could postRTE info and any other pertinent info on the Damtour website? Just a thought.

Its nice to see DT lives on.

-phil
I don't think this is OFFICIAL, so the DAMTOUR website would not be available. Hence, the term UNOFFICIAL.

But there was some sort of other webpage for this last year...

The "official" DamTour website has a riders forum that is still quite active. Postings for the "Unofficial" DamTour

have been seen as recently as Sat Feb 08 2014. The forum was used last year for some announcements in

addition to Facebook. Hence the suggestion to post RTEs et cetera.

DT rocks!

-phil oconnor

Use of the DamTour site? Wayne Horner has posted up the list on the DamTour Site. I think he will be doing this all year. Right now there is the notice of the 2014 list, which would be a good thread to post up your concerns and see if someone will post RTE and other notices. Just remember, NOBODY is running this event, it is up to you to find the list and go find the dams. No one is going to give you any rewards or slaps on the back, so to say. It is what you make of it.

Just copy the list and start doing the dams. I'll post up on this thread events when we set them. If you set an event, no problem, we will have to find out about it. But I am sure you will read here or on the DT site, if you refuse to use FB, and all will be well.

By the way, Steve is all for this, and took part last year and posted his accomplishments just like the rest of us. No one is keeping track of your accomplishments, just you so you really don't need to even post the proof of visit pictures, but we all seem to do it anyway. It is nice to see what others are doing and when, etc. Good Luck.

Latest posts