2015 Black Hills FJR Roundup 25-28 June 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy Fitz, I just mailed you a Yellow Hi-Liter and a Rand McNally Black Hills Area Map; please mailed the completed routing back to me ASAP, I wrapped the map around a can of Molson Golden as your payment! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh der Hoser!

John, have you found another motel. I plan on being there and am pretty sure that "Flyover" will be making the trip also. I would prefer to have a reservation rather than showing up without one.

Jer

I'm on the "another motel" mission first thing Friday.

There are lots more options, just not as close together as Bells and Kozy.

We should be okay, there are plenty of rooms in town.

Billy Fitz, I just mailed you a Yellow Hi-Liter and a Rand McNally Black Hills Area Map; please mailed the completed routing back to me ASAP, I wrapped the map around a can of Molson Golden as your payment! jes' sayin' and nuff said, eh der Hoser!
After comsuming many Molson Goldens to the point where I am so blind drunk I cannot see the Rand McNally Black Hills Area Map I will then use the wrong end of the yellow hi-liter to mark out your route. I will then mail you back the empty beer cans collect sans the map.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motel#3, a little further from the action.

Here is what they told me:

Hi John,

We would like to discount the price to 55.00 plus tax per room per night for up to 2 Adults. Additional adults per room are welcome for an amount of 5.00 each per night.

I

Due to the number of rooms we will have reserved, we need to set a deadline for your guests to confirm their room by 3pm MT on 5/25/15.

We currently have the following number of rooms by room type available:

Single Queen-6

Double Queen-10

Single King-4

Double Full-10

Front Desk Reservations

The Crow Peak Lodge

(Formerly the Travelodge of Spearfish)

346 W. Kansas Street

Spearfish, SD 57783

[email protected]

Phone: (605) 559-3333

There are many other motels in Spearfish, most of the National Chains are represented. All are out along the interstate and a couple of miles from the Bell's Motor Lodge, Roundup Headquarters. They are also more expensive.

Thanks for all of the interest, it would be great if we had 100 folks at this Shindig!

Black Hills Roundup 2015 Attendee List as of 12/29/2014, if you are Attending and are not on the list contact BeemerDonS: Either here, or [email protected] or call Papa Chuy Viejo at 480-440-4666. NOTE: Behind your name and your Room Mates name I will GUESS the Lodging you are in, so we can get an accounting for Day Rides. It would help me out if you would sound off with your selected lodgings; THANK YOU!

Following have Committed "like the Pig in Breakfast"

LCB

Fly Bye - Crow Peak Lodge

Jer - Crow Peak Lodge

bikerskier - Crow Peak Lodge

bigjohnsd and Festar - Casa el Grande Juan del Dakota Sur, ese

Beamer Reamer - Lodging Unknown

zzzzip / Skip - UNK / Kozy Motel

Beemerdon, Seth, Miss Donna - Bell's Motor Lodge

Petey & griff - BML

Oface/Gramps - BML

weluvbikn and Charlene - The Kozy Motel

Yamafitter + Rayzerman - Bell's Motor Lodge

EXSKIBUM +2 - BML

VMAXCHUCK +1 -BML

FJRay + Patty - BML

Abercrombie FJR +1 - Bell's Motor Lodge

PANMAN + Niehart - BML

Pegscraper + Mrs NASCAR - BML

escapefjrtist + Jill - Presidential Suite at Bell's!

ERIXUN + Possible +1 - Bell's Motor Lodge

Juniorfjr +1 - BML

OldMichael in the Naugahyde Suite or Suit? TMI
smile.png
- BML

gregory - BML

ahchiu - BML

AIRBOSS - BML

MCRIDE007....Queen Room - BML

Allen_C +1 - Staying at Bell's!

BigOgre - BML

TheZsdad - BML

Tyler - Hubba, hubba, hubba and hubba!

CraigRegs - Confirmed stay at Bell Motor Lodge for the rally.

Nohairforthewind got the last single room last night - BML

Following have "Expressed Interest"

twisted cricket - Tent Camping.

PhilJet09

Steve_G

HotRodZilla

SacramentoMike

RoyEpperson

07FJRSD

WindJammer

I have now added the Devils Tower Loop and the Bighorns Mountains Loop GPS files to my Dropbox for download.

The Mt Rushmore Loop is 415 km (258 miles) in length as per Basecamp.

Part 1(revised to include Old City Hill Rd).....

mt%20rushmore%20pt%201%20rev%201-L.png

Part 2 featuring Iron Horse Rd and the Needles Hwy....

mt%20rushmore%20pt%202-L.png

Devils Tower Loop is 444 km in length (276 miles) and is shown in green.

Part 1....

devils%20tower%20pt%201-L.png

Part 2....

devils%20tower%20pt%202-L.png

The Bighorns Mountain Loop is a lengthy 1067 km (668 miles). As per John's note you can shorten this loop by slabbing it to Buffalo WY on the I90 and picking up the loop at that point. Note to GPS users. For the return trip after going over the passes and reaching the junction of US14 & US16 you will need to reverse the Bighorn Part 1 route on your GPS to have your GPS lead you back to Spearfish.

Part 1 shown in red....

the%20bighorns%20pt%201-L.png

Part 2 in red.....

the%20bighorns%20pt%202-L.png

The GPS files were saved in three different formats, GPX, GDB & KML and can be downloaded from my Dropbox Spearfish Rally folder.

Routes were created on a City Navigator North America NT 2015.3 mapset using Basecamp.

I accept no responsibilty for the accuracy of these routes and are presented on an as is basis. Sometimes my routing can be "interesting", just ask Tom (Huron52). I don't think he has forgiven me for the soaker he got at Calaboogie.

I've still got a BML ressie 6/26-27. May not use it (as per 100 posts ago). MEM has first dibs if/when I cancel.

I'm doing this loop in July out there (maybe accompanied by John).

Yamafitter - Thanks so much for taking on the Mapping Project.

One of the things i love about this place, everyone has a niche and someone always steps up!

Now, if someone with both Skill and Experience would just step up and handle the Cooking part of the Steak Dinner, I'll handle the $$ and the procurement etc.............. Hint Hint Hint

I have now added the Devils Tower Loop and the Bighorns Mountains Loop GPS files to my Dropbox for download.The Mt Rushmore Loop is 415 km (258 miles) in length as per Basecamp.

Part 1.....

mt%20rushmore%20pt%201-L.png
Bill-

You may want to edit your above map to include "Old Hill City Rd". So you would just extend the 385 south, almost into Hill City. Then Old Hill City Rd cuts right back over to Alt-16, right above Mt. Rushmore. This tip was added to my map from a suggestion from TominCA, and it looks like a nice addition. I think he called it "The Harley Killer Rd".

It's in my map here if you want a visual

I have now added the Devils Tower Loop and the Bighorns Mountains Loop GPS files to my Dropbox for download.The Mt Rushmore Loop is 415 km (258 miles) in length as per Basecamp.

Part 1.....

mt%20rushmore%20pt%201-L.png
Bill-

You may want to edit your above map to include "Old Hill City Rd". So you would just extend the 385 south, almost into Hill City. Then Old Hill City Rd cuts right back over to Alt-16, right above Mt. Rushmore. This tip was added to my map from a suggestion from TominCA, and it looks like a nice addition. I think he called it "The Harley Killer Rd".

It's in my map here if you want a visual
Nice catch Top Speed that is a nice little treat of a road. Good sights, lots of turns and you get to cross the same railroad tracks about 15 times in 15 miles.