2015 Black Hills FJR Roundup 25-28 June 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a lot of fun but I haven't had much of a chance to develop off road skills and I am not sure if a 600lb Tenere is a good bike to learn on.
smile.png

Edit: I just watched the video and looked at the rest of the website and concluded that it looks like fun. I need to start shopping for a mid size enduro since I don't see me enjoying the learning curve on the Tenere. I never had any plans of taking it on anything rougher that Minnesota forest trails or gravel roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks like a lot of fun but I haven't had much of a chance to develop off road skills and I am not sure if a 600lb Tenere is a good bike to learn on.
smile.png

Edit: I just watched the video and looked at the rest of the website and concluded that it looks like fun. I need to start shopping for a mid size enduro since I don't see me enjoying the learning curve on the Tenere. I never had any plans of taking it on anything rougher that Minnesota forest trails or gravel roads.
Here you go Abercrombie FJR, my Fellow AZ Beemer sam7 is selling his 2012 F650GS Twin for $8,250 (6.5K miles). It's equipped the same as mine and mine has taken me to Alaska/Yukon once and to Mexico's Copper Canyon twice and down the Baja California Peninsula three times. 435 lbs., ese! JSNS, Adventure!

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=5060.msg40973#new

Hey I'm Gary Sargent from Iowa I plan on attending and snagged Bikerskiers room at Bells motor lodge.
Gary you have been added, Ralph J. you have been removed.

Black Hills Roundup 2015 Attendee List as of 1/26/2015, if you are Attending and are not on the list contact BeemerDonS: Either here, or [email protected] or call Papa Chuy Viejo at 480-440-4666. NOTE: Behind your name and your Room Mates name I will GUESS the Lodging you are in, so we can get an accounting for Day Rides. It would help me out if you would sound off with your selected lodgings; THANK YOU!

Following have Committed "like the Pig in Breakfast"

Gary Sargent - BML

Longrider aka Bruce

Burns1 - Traveler Inn

NorCal FJR and Wife - Traveler Inn

LCB

Fly Bye - Crow Peak Lodge

Jer - Crow Peak Lodge

bigjohnsd and Festar - Casa el Grande Juan del Dakota Sur, ese

Beamer Reamer - Lodging Unknown

zzzzip / Skip - UNK / Kozy Motel

Beemerdon, Seth, Miss Donna - Bell's Motor Lodge

Petey & griff - BML

Oface/Gramps - BML

weluvbikn and Charlene - The Kozy Motel

Yamafitter + Rayzerman - Bell's Motor Lodge

EXSKIBUM +2 - BML

VMAXCHUCK +1 -BML

FJRay + Patty - BML

Abercrombie FJR +1 - Bell's Motor Lodge

PANMAN + Niehart - BML

Pegscraper + Mrs NASCAR - BML

escapefjrtist + Jill - Presidential Suite at Bell's!

ERIXUN + Possible +1 - Bell's Motor Lodge

Juniorfjr +1 - BML

gregory - BML

ahchiu - BML

AIRBOSS - BML

MCRIDE007....Queen Room - BML

Allen_C +1 - Staying at Bell's!

BigOgre - BML

TheZsdad - BML

Tyler - Bell's Motor Lodge - Hubba, hubba, hubba and hubba!

CraigRegs - Confirmed stay at Bell Motor Lodge for the rally.

Nohairforthewind got the last single room last night - BML

Following have "Expressed Interest"

twisted cricket - Tent Camping.

PhilJet09

Steve_G

HotRodZilla

SacramentoMike

RoyEpperson

07FJRSD

WindJammer

Kozy is full but we only have 3 listed here??? Must be more coming than on the list.
Those 3 are bringing their concubines. They are not on the list but will be waiting for the group rides to start their own fun.

JSNS

I figured since Bust is not on the board much, I would let my juvenile behavior out for him.

ON a more serious note, if I am able to make it, and I really would like to, I will be looking for a room share last min, or camping.

We have had a couple of 45+ degree days up here and getting itchy for riding season. I have spent the last couple of weeks farkeling up the new FJR, replacement Tenere and the wife's sportster. I can't take it any longer.

Here is a few pictures Bell Motel and downtown Spearfish. I wish I would have taken a few of Spearfish Canyon road. It was beautiful and a blast to ride.

With BeemerDon OOA I thought I'd better re-assume the responsibility for this list, at least for awhile.

LCB and SacramentoMike deleted :(

Black Hills Roundup 2015 Attendee List as of 02/18/2015, if you are Attending and are not on the list contact bigjohnsd: Either here, or at johnlangdell at Rushmore dot com. NOTE: Behind your name and your Room Mates name I will GUESS the Lodging you are in, so we can get an accounting for Day Rides. It would help me out if you would sound off with your selected lodgings; THANK YOU!

Following have Committed "like the Pig in Breakfast"

Gary Sargent - BML

Longrider aka Bruce

Burns1 - Traveler Inn

NorCal FJR and Wife - Traveler Inn

Fly Bye - Crow Peak Lodge

Jer - Crow Peak Lodge

bigjohnsd and Festar - Casa el Grande Juan del Dakota Sur, ese

Beamer Reamer - Lodging Unknown

zzzzip / Skip - UNK / Kozy Motel

Beemerdon, Seth, Miss Donna - Bell's Motor Lodge ??????

Petey & griff - BML

Oface/Gramps - BML

weluvbikn and Charlene - The Kozy Motel

Yamafitter + Rayzerman - Bell's Motor Lodge

EXSKIBUM +2 - BML

VMAXCHUCK +1 -BML

FJRay + Patty - BML

Abercrombie FJR +1 - Bell's Motor Lodge

PANMAN + Niehart - BML

Pegscraper + Mrs NASCAR - BML

escapefjrtist + Jill - Presidential Suite at Bell's!

ERIXUN + Possible +1 - Bell's Motor Lodge

Juniorfjr +1 - BML

gregory - BML

ahchiu - BML

AIRBOSS - BML

MCRIDE007....Queen Room - BML

Allen_C +1 - Staying at Bell's!

BigOgre - BML

TheZsdad - BML

Tyler - Bell's Motor Lodge - Hubba, hubba, hubba and hubba!

CraigRegs - Confirmed stay at Bell Motor Lodge for the rally.

Nohairforthewind got the last single room last night - BML

Following have "Expressed Interest"

twisted cricket - Tent Camping.

PhilJet09

Steve_G

HotRodZilla

RoyEpperson

07FJRSD

WindJammer

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. My body is slowly giving out and repairs needed are extensive. It is too far and to soon for me to get there.

Have fun, but behave and watch those narrow tunnels.

Longrider

aka Bruce Waldron