2015 Pioneer Days Marlinton, WV

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intech

Mr. Camping Meet
Reaction score
Pioneer Days is 7/8 to 7/12. Spanky and I are going to be at the Old Clark Inn from 7/10 to 7/12. We always have a blast at this event. Ride all day and then come back to the Inn and either sit and watch from the front porch (either bluegrass across the street or people watch) We usually enjoy a fire in the back yard with some libation later. The main street is blocked off and there are food vendors, and others selling the wares. Live band down town (block and half from the OCI).

Of course there is an unending list of great roads to ride in the area and things to see. We usually pick a route that gives a mix of twisties and scenery on the way out to Fayetteville for lunch at Pies and Pints(great pizza!)

If you want to go and stay at the OCI https://oldclarkinn.com/ I would not wait to call. The owners Andrea and Nelson are great people and the inn is MC friendly.

Sounds like a good ole hillbilly yeeehaw to me!

... hmmm?

Debbie is going with me this weekend to TIV in Johnstown PA, this will be her longest venture on the bike. I'll have to see how she does. She went out last weekend w me on the new "fugly" RDL's. It's funny, on return, those seats weren't quite so fugly ;) , and, I heard the wording "very comfortable!"... I darn near fell over!

So we drink a lot, stir up conversation with just about anyone, and, we can be pretty embarrassing at times ;) . So, can ya handle us misfits Bob? hehe

20140830_113632_zps53c5ddeb.jpg

Bob, I might be up for this...I need to check with my neighbor tonight to see if they'll be around to watch my kids (cat & dog).

Update: I'm in; reservations made at OCI for Friday & Saturday nights. I greased the wheels by mentioning Bob and got a room with a bath. :D

... hmmm?

Debbie is going with me this weekend to TIV in Johnstown PA, this will be her longest venture on the bike. I'll have to see how she does. She went out last weekend w me on the new "fugly" RDL's. It's funny, on return, those seats weren't quite so fugly
wink.png
, and, I heard the wording "very comfortable!"... I darn near fell over!

So we drink a lot, stir up conversation with just about anyone, and, we can be pretty embarrassing at times
wink.png
. So, can ya handle us misfits Bob? hehe

Absolutely! It would be great to meet Miss Debbie.And you know damn well that you fit in just fine with this crowd. All we have to do is tell people you are from New York. Then they have the ah ha moment!

... hmmm?

Debbie is going with me this weekend to TIV in Johnstown PA, this will be her longest venture on the bike. I'll have to see how she does. She went out last weekend w me on the new "fugly" RDL's. It's funny, on return, those seats weren't quite so fugly
wink.png

So we drink a lot, stir up conversation with just about anyone, and, we can be pretty embarrassing at times
wink.png

Absolutely! It would be great to meet Miss Debbie.And you know damn well that you fit in just fine with this crowd. All we have to do is tell people you are from New York. Then they have the ah ha moment!
Kewl beans! Debbie gets along great w everyone, and being that you are bringing Janet would be a good compliment... u know; girlie things.

I just have to see how Deb makes out on this upcoming 410 mile trip to Johnstown. This hillbilly trip would be about 535mi for us.

I see Scott said his room is "with a bath".. Yikes!, that's kinda scary. Deb is not going to likey a shared bathroom down the hallway
sad.png
yeah, she's spoiled
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
... hmmm?

wink.png

wink.png

Kewl beans! Debbie gets along great w everyone, and being that you are bringing Janet would be a good compliment... u know; girlie things.

I just have to see how Deb makes out on this upcoming 410 mile trip to Johnstown. This hillbilly trip would be about 535mi for us.

I see Steve said his room is "with a bath".. Yikes!, that's kinda scary. Deb is not going to likey a shared bathroom down the hallway
sad.png
yeah, she's spoiled
wink.png
I would call the OCI and talk with Andrea then. You can cancel up to a week before the date I think. And that was Scott.

... hmmm?

wink.png

wink.png

I see Scott said his room is "with a bath".. Yikes!, that's kinda scary. Deb is not going to likey a shared bathroom down the hallway
sad.png
yeah, she's spoiled
wink.png
I would call the OCI and talk with Andrea then. You can cancel up to a week before the date I think. And that was Scott.
Will do! and I corrected, I knew that was "Scott B"..... on my FB friends as well :)

When I called, she was juggling a few cancellations and sorting stuff out...and said she had a standard room with bath available, which I opted for. There could very well be more. :D

I have reservations, also. I just emailed Andrea about picking up a single econo as opposed to the 2 bed room with a bath in room. The room has a double & a single bed in it. It seems that I won't be having company after all. KJ, you might call & mention that you just talked to me & you'd like to pick up the room that I'm canceling.... provided that they have an econo to put me in.

If they can't put me in an econo room... I will be looking for a roomate.

It'll be great to see you Robert.

KJ, you can only come if you promise to wear that cute little stocking cap. lol! Just kidding! Looking forward to meeting Deb.

Bump to let anyone that is on the fence know that there is not much left at the OCI! You know you want to. This weekend is always a blast!

I'm in, already! Sending reminders to Jay to make a reservation.