NERDS 5 - We're on a roll now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
omg ... omg.....omg.... have I mentioned how excited I am ?!
hyper.gif
I'm laughing, not knowing how to respond to that! Does that mean the bar tab is on you? The bouncing smiley face is messing with me!

p.s. should be there Thursday around 6?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lookin like Thursday will be the best to visit Mt. Washington. Weather wise it is looking great for riding.

Dave

Lookin like Thursday will be the best to visit Mt. Washington. Weather wise it is looking great for riding.
Dave
It looks like there will be more than one excursion to Mt. Washington. I plan on going up on Saturday, weather permitting.

Greg, Saturday wasn't looking to good. It is New England and you know how the weather changes quickly.
Dave
Thanks, I just looked at the forecast and it looks like the early arrivals will get the best weather for the week with a chance of rain on Friday and Saturday. A little rain should not keep us off the roads, but I doubt I'll go over to Mt. Washington if the weather forecast does not improve. You never know.
smile.png

We may get some rain this week. But maybe not. One thing for certain, the weather guessers don't have any better idea than you or I do once you get out more than 3 days. Best bet is for everyone to bring their best rain gear so hopefully none of us have to use it! ;)

We're in Hermitage, PA tonight. Plan to arrive late tomorrow night and not sure about the weather Friday...

Hope you peeps are having a great time! Jim and I had debated making this event, but we have too much going on.

We are planning on taking Sunday (tomorrow) to do a day trip up VT Rt 100.....possibly making it to Stowe to have lunch somewhere and then head back.

Though many of you will most likely be heading back home, we will wave if we see you in your travels.

Be safe and have fun!!

Thanks to all of this years attendees. To those who had to cancel out for various reasons, sorry, but you missed another great event.

The weather cooperated yet again, and we only had a little rain on Friday AM, but even that cleared out and people got a good ride in that afternoon. Having arrived on Monday, we got to ride 5 of the routes and they were all still good, though familiar, as this is was the 5th go-around for most of them.

To those that have attended NERDS in the past, I think we can all agree that the food service situation at the Commodores was a bit disappointing this year. Of course there are many other options in the village, but you like to be able to take your gear off, have a few adult beverages, and enjoy a good meal.

For those reasons, we will be looking at moving to a different location for next August, hopefully for about the same timeframe. I'll keep you posted on what I can find, but it's looking like the best opportunity may be in the northern Adirondacks somewhere. Lots of great riding up there.

Thanks to all of this years attendees. To those who had to cancel out for various reasons, sorry, but you missed another great event.
The weather cooperated yet again, and we only had a little rain on Friday AM, but even that cleared out and people got a good ride in that afternoon. Having arrived on Monday, we got to ride 5 of the routes and they were all still good, though familiar, as this is was the 5th go-around for most of them.

To those that have attended NERDS in the past, I think we can all agree that the food service situation at the Commodores was a bit disappointing this year. Of course there are many other options in the village, but you like to be able to take your gear off, have a few adult beverages, and enjoy a good meal.

For those reasons, we will be looking at moving to a different location for next August, hopefully for about the same timeframe. I'll keep you posted on what I can find, but it's looking like the best opportunity may be in the northern Adirondacks somewhere. Lots of great riding up there.
Thank you for pulling it together yet again. The northern 'dacks sounds like fun. I hope that works out. In any case, build it and I will come.

^^ What he said - with emphasis on the thanks part for all the work that goes into organizing something like this.

Let's see how Paul makes out with that phone call to Gordon Ramsay.
help.gif
biggrin.png

The wife and I passed a real nice place in NH that had camping also. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it though. The food I had was good but the choices seemed limited.

Thanks to Fred and all for a great week,

Dave

Hope you peeps are having a great time! Jim and I had debated making this event, but we have too much going on.We are planning on taking Sunday (tomorrow) to do a day trip up VT Rt 100.....possibly making it to Stowe to have lunch somewhere and then head back.

Though many of you will most likely be heading back home, we will wave if we see you in your travels.

Be safe and have fun!!
And you guys are true to your word!
bye.gif
That was me on 100 just south of Jamaica yesterday. (They're rather unmistakable. Anyone who's ever been passed by Jim and Iris know they leave a distinctive red trail as they go by.
tonguesmiley.gif
)

Great job pulling this together Fred and Thank You!!

Location wise I think the Commodores is great being so close to so many great routes. Staff & owner is very nice, the rooms are nice & clean, the breakfast buffet I really like and thought the bed was comfortable. As for the food, the dinner menu is what drags them down; so much potential there not being tapping in to. I can't say the dinner menu is bad but I certainly wasn't saying wow that was great; my hunger was taken care of and that was about it. If they simply make what's on their menu better it would make it hard not to go there every year.