NERDS 5 - We're on a roll now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
since we don't live in Pepperell anymore.
I swung down to your old town a few years ago. All the Sullivans from the boat landed in Pepperell and East Pepperell and proceeded to have a million kids with the same names. So much for easy Sullivan geneology. Anyway, see you soon.

The Pepperells will be attending this year. Maybe I should change our forum name to Homeless, since we don't live in Pepperell anymore. We'll be staying at Maplewoods Campground in Johnson, VT from the 8th till the 15th. You're welcome to visit us in site 63.
Are you full time RVing?
I am pretty sure the answer is yes. Hell, go anywhere you want whenever you want. Not a bad gig.

Dave

Glad to hear you "vagabonds" (suggestion for a new name?) will be attending again this year. Looking forward to hearing more of your stories from the road.

PS - With the new South Dakota plates on your RV and bike, you two will probably win the "traveled the furthest to get to NERDS" award!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pepperells will be attending this year. Maybe I should change our forum name to Homeless, since we don't live in Pepperell anymore. We'll be staying at Maplewoods Campground in Johnson, VT from the 8th till the 15th. You're welcome to visit us in site 63.
Are you full time RVing?
I am pretty sure the answer is yes. Hell, go anywhere you want whenever you want. Not a bad gig.Dave
I agree it's not a bad gig and I hope to be doing it in a couple years. I already have the class a motorhome and bike trailer!

Glad to hear you "vagabonds" (suggestion for a new name?) will be attending again this year. Looking forward to hearing more of your stories from the road.
PS - With the new South Dakota plates on your RV and bike, you two will probably win the "traveled the furthest to get to NERDS" award!
And the closest, since "home" will be Johnson, VT that week.

Heard from the office today that I have that Friday off (that I asked for yesterday!). Will probably drive west Thursday evening and drink beverages in the parking lot with the early arrivers and sleep in a poolside lounge chair.

p.s. they gave me EOM time as well!

Who's coming early? Thinking of heading west after work Thursday, if anyone is socializing in the parking lot, say 9:00 p.m.? If not, Friday morning about the same time.

Who's coming early? Thinking of heading west after work Thursday, if anyone is socializing in the parking lot, say 9:00 p.m.? If not, Friday morning about the same time.
MOST of us will be there Thursday for dinner
drinks.gif

Hope to see you all in Stowe in August! We're on a roll now!

ROLL CALL!

08FJR4ME (Dave) and Ann

Asphalt Junkie (Paul) and GinaMcD

bbdig (Jack) and Jane

BigOgre (Mike)

bluejag (John) and Gail

BugR (Chris)

deang (Dean)

FJReady (Russ) and Sarah

Fred W (Fred) and Josie

GDSFJR03

Geezer (Greg) and Son-in-Law Tommy

Intech (Bob)

ionbeam (Alan) and Helen

LittleJon (Jon)

Mad mudder (Tim)

MEM (Maryellen)

On2 (David)

Ozzy (Mel)

RossKean (Ross) camping?

S76 (Bob) and Hope

shakin (Ian) and Cindy

stevec677 (Steve) w/ friend Chuck and his son Eric

Sullivan (Sully)

TopSpeed1 (KJ)

Wineguy (Mike)

yamafitter (Bill)
I'm soooooo excited to see y'all :drinks:

MOST of us will be there Thursday for dinner
drinks.gif
I'll twist my OWN arm for that (and elbow)! Only a 148 mile run from my jobsite in Cornish, Maine, near the NH border. I see an early afternoon on my time card in the forecast. Anyone have a floor I can crash on for that night only?

Was playing around with the GPS today and realized all my old routes went out with the last hard-drive. Fred, those NERD'13 routes linked to in the first post are the latest and greatest?

Yes. Things have not changed, even in 4 years. I do not have any routes any better than those. But, I must say, they are still pretty damn good motorcycle routes.

I was just thinking about them last night. Which do I want to run?

I have never run the Art's Twisty Butt or the shorter A'Dacks version. I've run all of those roads before, just not together or at a NERDS.

And never done the Tourist Ride, as we are (almost) local, and visit stuff like that regularly. That route was intended for folks that have never or seldom visited VT to get the full flavor of the Green Mountains.

I've also never fully done the Mt Washington ride route. Been all around that loop except the ride up the auto road to the top. Maybe this will be the year? Have to watch the the weather forecast and cloud ceiling. NY style pizza in Conway is a treat.

Best part of it is, no matter which direction you head out in the morning, or which ride group you hook up with, you are going to have a fine ride day and see some great sights.

I may be biased... but I do love me some NERDS.

Sign me up for the Mt. Washington ride. The wife might not agree though. Could be a solo ride while she sits by the pool.

Dave

I forgot there was a Mt. Washington loop. Been to the parking lot a few times but never made it to the top. Maybe this is the year.

And funny you mention the 'Dacks as I was toying with coming in via the NY side just to change it up a bit. Now I got me more thinkin' to do. Pretty sure I'll run the NEK again though.

I forgot there was a Mt. Washington loop. Been to the parking lot a few times but never made it to the top. Maybe this is the year.
And funny you mention the 'Dacks as I was toying with coming in via the NY side just to change it up a bit. Now I got me more thinkin' to do. Pretty sure I'll run the NEK again though.
Huh?! I can't believe you nerds haven't climbed Mt Washington. Even I've been up it - a few times.
But I'll happily go back - with y'all :punk: