NERDS 5 - We're on a roll now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is looking less likely for me - the first NERDs gathering I have missed. I have to be in Winnipeg the third week in August. While I might be able to swing by Stowe for a day (or two)on the way out west, I don't know whether I will have time. Since I am likely to be doing the frugal camping thing, I don't have to worry about the accommodations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Giving the operations manager my days off for the summer (whats left of it) this week. Not sure if one of my teenage twins may want to join the old pain in the ass father, but their loss if not. Looking forward to a nice outing.

I'll be dragging along a friend on his Victory. He needs to see how we roll.
No problem, he will blend in with the rest of the clown's.
winksmiley02.gif

Edit: I passed my brother in law on the way home today from work. He has a brand new Victory also. I lost him before the curves. Kinda glad cause I didn't want to see him try and keep up with me. I am sure I will get some comments on Sunday when I see him.

Dave

FYI,

Most folks are off by 9:00 AM or earlier. Returning around 3:00 to 5:30 in the afternoon depending on the route. Which reminds I may have deleted them from my GPS. I will have to check If I still have them somewhere.

Dave

Dave

You mentioned routes, i'm not sure how many people are familiar with this group/site www.newenglandriders.org/BestOfNorthEast/BestOfNorthEast.htm, but if your looking for epic rides there is a lot of great info there including GPX files to download the routes.

Jeff

Dave
You mentioned routes, i'm not sure how many people are familiar with this group/site www.newenglandriders.org/BestOfNorthEast/BestOfNorthEast.htm, but if your looking for epic rides there is a lot of great info there including GPX files to download the routes.

Jeff
I think that most of the NERDers (new word) are familiar with the great New England Riders site. Huge amount of information there. We have a traditional "set" of eleven Stowe-centered Vermont/New Hampshire/New York rides which tend to be the focus of this event. Fred posted Dropbox links to them in this post:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/165568-nerds-iv-b2b-back-to-basics-stowe-vt-818-212016/

Not to say that someone can't do whatever they want but this is a pretty fine selection. I think I have done them all over the years. There is even a "Roll your own" link that gives you a bunch of POI to string together.

Thanks Flash,

Yeh, I have ridden some of the routes from NEriders. Nice place with a lot of info to gather. I found my nerds folder with pic's and routes.

Good2go,

Dave

Less than a month to go till all the fun starts, kids!
punk.gif

I've had to release some of the room block, but there are still a handful left for you pro-crastinators. Going to be a wicked good time. Don't miss out.

Links to the traditional NERDS ride routes added to post #1.

Will gpx with google and smart phone, due to no Garmin unit. But will also network with the enlivened crowd the night before to join in on certain rides. Still a paper map and tank bag guy until spare $___.__ comes my way for the electronics.

18 days to arrival. Doing a little better today. Went to see a physical therapist yesterday and things may be looking a little better I hope. I have to do my stretching exercises.

Dave

18 days to arrival. Doing a little better today. Went to see a physical therapist yesterday and things may be looking a little better I hope. I have to do my stretching exercises.
Dave
The thing you need to worry about is repetitive stress injury from too much lifting of beverage containers while hanging out in the parking lot after the day's ride.

Dates edited

The Pepperells will be attending this year. Maybe I should change our forum name to Homeless, since we don't live in Pepperell anymore. We'll be staying at Maplewoods Campground in Johnson, VT from the 15th till the 22th. You're welcome to visit us in site 63.

The Pepperells will be attending this year. Maybe I should change our forum name to Homeless, since we don't live in Pepperell anymore. We'll be staying at Maplewoods Campground in Johnson, VT from the 8th till the 15th. You're welcome to visit us in site 63.
Are you full time RVing?