2016 Fall Foliage Ride October 15-17

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have updated the first post to indicate that this ride will be 10/14-10/16. That is when Spanky and I will be going.

I have, again, updated the first post to indicate changes. We will be at the OCI Sat 10/15 through Monday 10/17 and taking the train to Bald Knob on Sunday 10/16.

We are booked on the 1145 train to Bald Knob on the last car (#9) in the last row. We will be riding out Saturday morning and home on Monday morning.

Our plans are made ya'll. If there is anyone else that is interested in joining, better make your reservations now. It is likely if you wait too long, you won't be able to make any plans to join.

Too bad we couldn't get more people to join. It'll be fun regardless, though. Looking forward to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
sure, sounds good to me. 56 this time of the year is AWESOME. Just hoping the paving is finished.

"Too bad we couldn't get more people to join. It'll be fun regardless, though. Looking forward to this."

Sorry I won't be able to join you.

I've already committed to Bridge Day

for that weekend.

Maybe our paths will cross.

I see you're staying till Monday.

Maybe I'll come spend Sunday evening

with ya and go home on Monday. Hmm...

Last edited by a moderator:
"Too bad we couldn't get more people to join. It'll be fun regardless, though. Looking forward to this."
Sorry I won't be able to join you.

I've already committed to Bridge Day

for that weekend.

Maybe our paths will cross.

I see you're staying till Monday.

Maybe I'll come spend Sunday evening

with ya and go home on Monday. Hmm...
Come on by. We will be sure to be sharing some adult beverages around the fire out back Sunday night.

Yes Robert! Make a reservation @ OCI.

Yeah, the weather looks to be stellar and the WV websites say the foliage is at peak this week. Gonna be a great weekend. Mounted a new set of tires last night too.

Came through Marlinton about 11:15 this morning, grabbed some chow at Biscuit World (Yum!), then headed east on 39 and passed a FJR with a Harley, and a bike that looked like it might have been a Super Teneré (3 bikes total). It would have been about 11:45. Anyone here? Beautiful riding today. Swung by the hotel but it was empty, I figured as much, too pretty not to be riding.

We were @ Cass for our train ride by that time on Sunday. Absolutely stupendous colors were seen. It just wowed me. I'd definitely be open to doing that, again. Sorry we missed you.